Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I expect to see harrassment of simple fisherman and daily walkers and those just wanting to bring the family onto the same island their grandparents took them as kids. It won't be the same way, without having to pay or do anything different.

Kiss that all goodbye if this gem becomes a State Park.
    This is great man. Keep up the Joanne Watson, grape-throwing, protect-my-precious-jewels bullstuff. Its not like the City of Detroit has neglected the park or doesn't have the budget to properly not only maintain the park itself, but maintain the facilities and safety of those who use the park on a regular basis.

Seriously, once they announce more details, all I care about is that they put into that park every cent it deserves. If Belle Isle is the jewel of Detroit, why does everyone get so upset when presented with a solution to make it shine like the beautiful gem it really is?

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    This is great man. Keep up the Joanne Watson, grape-throwing, protect-my-precious-jewels bullstuff. Its not like the City of Detroit has neglected the park or doesn't have the budget to properly not only maintain the park itself, but maintain the facilities and safety of those who use the park on a regular basis.

Seriously, once they announce more details, all I care about is that they put into that park every cent it deserves. If Belle Isle is the jewel of Detroit, why does everyone get so upset when presented with a solution to make it shine like the beautiful gem it really is?
    Please reread my post, I'm not upset @ all.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Please reread my post, I'm not upset @ all.
    From everything I read before and after, this will be a state park which is run exclusively by the DNR. I totally understand being worried about other entities possibly ruining what Belle Isle has, but the DNR has a great, if not fantastic, track record of doing great work to make our state parks beautiful.

From everything I read before and after, this will be a state park which is run exclusively by the DNR. I totally understand being worried about other entities possibly ruining what Belle Isle has, but the DNR has a great, if not fantastic, track record of doing great work to make our state parks beautiful.
    Ruining what Belle Isle has? What does it have that the city hasn't already let go?!

Seriously though, it's not like the State can move the island [[already mentioned, I know). I don't know what the big fuss is about. When it comes to a lot of these Detroit "assets," they are all about as bad as they can get. Personally, I would much rather have a park in good condition, than even give the tiniest shit about who controls it.

I totally agree. I'd rather have the DNR take care of it then privatize it.

This is great man...why does everyone get so upset when presented with a solution to make it shine like the beautiful gem it really is?
    Yield it to another governmental authority or privatize it...neither of those is a solution at all, merely the foregone conclusions of the ones who designed the take-over.

Thanks for being part of the dismantling of Detroit. Cheer on.

Yield it to another governmental authority or privatize it...neither of those is a solution at all, merely the foregone conclusions of the ones who designed the take-over.

Glad to be a part of it, I guess? Keep creating jobs by keeping those grape growers busy!

What part of "lease" confuses people?