Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Thread title = wrong. This vote is as important as any ever held. During challenging times leadership is crucial.

Sure, the office doesn't have spending authority. But there's more to do in Detroit than spend. Leadership matters a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Thread title = wrong. This vote is as important as any ever held. During challenging times leadership is crucial.

Sure, the office doesn't have spending authority. But there's more to do in Detroit than spend. Leadership matters a lot.
    Entirely agreed, WM. First, the city's elected leaders will still be instrumental in restructuring government. As has been noted here, Kevin Orr's job- love him or hate him- is not to fix our city. It is to put the government's affairs in order, and the associated policies and programs that are a part of that. Then he will go away, almost certainly before the next mayor & council's terms are over. Second, when he does go away, our elected leaders are back in charge. I am hoping that they are both stronger and more constructive than their predecessors were. And I hope they realize Kevin Orr did a lot of the dirty work for them. Spending other people's [[or future resident's) money is the easiest thing in the world. Cutting is hard and painful and unpleasant and entirely necessary. I hope that they never take the easy way again.

District 4

City Council

Andre Spivey

Another triumphant incumbent. Hiss numbers however were not nearly as impressive as the others.

Bettie Cook Scott

No opinion on either. All incumbents get the fuck out however.

Police Commissioner

Willie Bell
    N/A

Henry Williams
    N/A

What! An actual primary? And it was pretty damn close too.

District 5

City Council

Adam Hollier

Mary Sheffield

Another close one [[decided by less than 60 votes). Besides one being a cutie-pie I don't see any huge diffrences [[of course not being my district I didn't look) and wouldn't have a huge problem with either.

Police Commissioner

Marcelus Brice

Willie Burton

A primary!? Pictures!?! Actual campaign material!?!?!?

And as far as Adam Hollier, I guess the thrill of being the Communications Liaison for the Mayor has run its course.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    District 5
    Willie Burton

A primary!? Pictures!?! Actual campaign material!?!?!?
    i've even seen his signs around!