Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Also, the Tim Hortons at Van Dyke & 9 Mile [[22600 Van Dyke Ave. Warren, MI 48089) was shuttered in late 2014 or early 2015. This site is also vacant.
    Looking at historical Google Street View images of that location, I noticed that it has closed at least once before, as a 2007 image shows it to be vacant and boarded up.

Found a new site yesterday that gives out information on building ages across southeastern Michigan, including defunct fast-food buildings. Here is the site.

Information on when these buildings were built should be added to their respective listings under the fast-food chain they originally were, unless there was already a previous tenant before the first fast-food tenant.

Unfortunately, a number of buildings list a "0" as the year built and some others have incorrect ages. For example, the former McDonald's on Stadium Boulevard in Ann Arbor is listed with a 1958 date, but McDonald's wasn't yet in Michigan in 1958. Also, a couple former Wendy's buildings are given early 1970's dates-which may be incorrect unless Wendy's had already expanded outside of Ohio by 1972.
    Last edited by mtburb; November-11-15 at 04:44 PM.

Makes you wonder how many great buildings were torn down for these stupid cookie cutter places that went out of business anyway.

I know the fabulous art-deco Falcon Lounge on Van Dyke was torn down for an architecturally lousy Burger King. My parents met there so I looked up the address. Kinda makes me sick.

Late to the party but a photo of 'fish flies' 'Mayflies' reminded me of the Dairy Queen that was once at 9 Mile and Jefferson [[a Ram's Horn has that corner now). I remember going there in the late 1960s-early 1970s and could barely take trying to get in there during the 'Mayfly' season, crunching your way in over a half inch think layer of those bugs! Nasty! No wonder they gave up!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12