Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

If you're going to count BeefCarvers [[old BeefEasters) as a chain, then the one at I75 and 15 mile, across from the Oakland Mall.

If you're going to count BeefCarvers [[old BeefEasters) as a chain, then the one at I75 and 14 mile, across from the Oakland Mall.

Greek Pita, which replaced the ex-Subway at 3391 Fort Street in Wyandotte, became BB's Thai Food a couple months back.

GUSHI Guest

Big boy 14 and Ryan, The orginal Al Corral in Hamtown, CLocks in Hamtown, The New Al corral In Hamtown, The Wendy then Arbys on 14 and Deq. it now Ny Deli. Marcus grill on 14 and Ryan, now middle eastern, Big Boy 21 and Van Dyke in Utica, Rams Horn 23 and Vd in Shelby Township.

GUSHI Guest

Kanas City Steak house 14 and John R, then it became a sports bar, the a French Restaurant,then a Irish pub, now middle eastern. Troy Cafe on 14 mile bet Deq and John R now middle eastern.

GUSHI Guest

Dennys across from Oakland mall, Dennys in rochester, Denny on 18 and Rochester area.

There was a Hungry Penguin on Telegraph Road, just south of Warren Ave. on the east side of the street. It was close to where the Bone Yard Restaurant currently sits, if not the same lot.

Breaking addition suggestion:

The Little Caesar's on Eureka Road between Fort Street and Trenton Road in Southgate [[north side of the road, first building west of the now long-gone gas station at the northwest corner of Howard) has just closed down.

Plus, add these two:

• White Castle; Detroit; Grand River and Mark Twain; closed ca. 2011, demolished ca. 2012, not sure what's there now.
    • The KFC at 10841 Plymouth Road [[already listed) had a Taco Bell when it closed.
    Last edited by mtburb; March-13-14 at 07:03 PM.

^ Finally got around to adding those.

Didn't catch that the Arby's on 14 Mile in Sterling Heights was Wendy's first. Looks like Arby's wasn't there long, because Loopnet still has it as a Wendy's in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
    Taco Bell on Schaefer south of W. Warren, next to the Mobil gas station in Dearborn. Closed earlier this spring/summer? Recently reopened as Location Cafe, a Middle Eastern restuarant.

Rams Horn on Greenfield, Dearborn, between W. Warren and Ford Rd. closed 1-2 years ago, but has been remodeled and reopened.
    Update:

The Location Cafe that was a Taco Bell closed and will be the Sky Crepe Cafe. It hasn't opened yet but the sign is up and lit. Location Cafe didn't stay open long, less than a year I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by TenPoundHammer View Post
    ^ Finally got around to adding those.

Didn't catch that the Arby's on 14 Mile in Sterling Heights was Wendy's first. Looks like Arby's wasn't there long, because Loopnet still has it as a Wendy's in 2005.
    The Arby's on 14 Mile in Sterling Hts started life out as a Hardee's! I can still remember all the time it was Arby's you could still make out on the front of the building where the "Hardee's" lettering was.

An update regarding the ex-Baker's Square in Taylor: As of October 2013, it is now a Leo's Coney Island.

Burger King over on East Warren, not sure of the cross street but east of Alter is re opening! Last time I drove past there was work going on.

Another breaking update: the Church's Chicken on West Vernor has suffered a grease fire and is now closed indefinitely. Also, the ex-Church's at Woodward and Forest still hasn't become a Checkers yet.

Also, I looked on that site and noticed that a lot of Sbarro restaurants have been added that have been closed this year-did the overall chain go bankrupt?
    Last edited by mtburb; May-19-14 at 10:27 AM.

Matt: I added the Sbarros because the chain filed for bankruptcy and closed a lot of locations. I just went by the ones that were no longer on the store locator.

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
    Update:

The Location Cafe that was a Taco Bell closed and will be the Sky Crepe Cafe. It hasn't opened yet but the sign is up and lit. Location Cafe didn't stay open long, less than a year I believe.
    The Sky Crepe Cafe is now open. Crepes, yogurt, coffee. You can get yogurt at the drive thru window. Schafer, just south of W. Warren, Dearborn.
    Last edited by msamslex; May-19-14 at 10:32 PM.

I noticed that the Clique restaurant attached to the Shorecrest Motor Inn on Jefferson is recycling an old Denny's sign. Was it ever actually a Denny's though?

Updates:

• The Little Caesar's at 13248 Eureka has reopened.
    • The ex-Cinnabon at Southland Center is now Chimney Cake Cafe.

According to this post, it appears that the A&W at Dix and Moran is closed and that a new tenant may be moving in.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    According to this post, it appears that the A&W at Dix and Moran is closed and that a new tenant may be moving in.
    There used to be a Red Barn on the corner of Michigan and Addison. I remember ordering a Barnbuster or Big Barney.

• Pet Supplies Plus will be moving into the former Southgate Caesarland soon.
    • A Mexican restaurant [[don't know name) is going to open soon in the former Wyandotte Ponderosa.

The Taylor Rio Bravo has just reopened as a Panera Bread.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    • Pet Supplies Plus will be moving into the former Southgate Caesarland soon.
    It's now on the site, but it's listed as being already open when work probably hasn't even begun yet!

Here's something else that needs to be added: White Tower at 3456 Cass [[opened 1935) and Burger King at 4141 Cass [[opened 1972). Both torn down for parking lots.

Aaand...the site apparently shut down some time ago, because I was able to access it this morning.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast