Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Midtown Professional Building?

The Midtown Professional Building [[MPB) was supposed to break ground last month. A month later, and not a peep, not any equipment, nothing. What is happening? Can anyone explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    The Midtown Professional Building [[MPB) was supposed to break ground last month. A month later, and not a peep, not any equipment, nothing. What is happening? Can anyone explain this?
    The same reason[[s) M-1 rail, Ilitch's Arena Development, Hudson site, Studio One [[second phase) on Canfield/Cass, Lawrence Tech Development on W. Willis/Woodward, etc...hasn't started yet? The same ol' same ol'...broken promises.

jw101, I don't think its broken promises on some of these. LTU development wasn't announced that long ago and a one month or so delay on the MPB is nothing in terms of waiting, really. If anything it's the 'same ol' delays in dealing with the city.

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    jw101, I don't think its broken promises on some of these. LTU development wasn't announced that long ago and a one month or so delay on the MPB is nothing in terms of waiting, really. If anything it's the 'same ol' delays in dealing with the city.
    You've got a point. I sent out some calls, they said it just a few delays. I've gotta start making those calls more! I want to be a real estate broker in my favorite city when I get out of HS.

I've noticed that lots of developments and restorations have been taking longer than stated, and I really imagine it isn't lack of secured funds or anything, but rather the City just being itself. I'm sure some of these guys have to navigate waters that are rougher than the biggest rapids when it comes to finding who you need to get X permit from.

any update on this building?