Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I know that the Book Cadillac owners offered a VERY GOOD deal on the lease and very good terms. Orr has lots of meetings, morning, non and night. He needs to be very close to City hall. He needs to be able to eat at off times and even when restaurants are closed. he needs laundry and housekeeping. The Book offers alol that and privacy too. What is wrong with that? It is probably the best place all around.

I don't think that purchasers are paying a million. That is just hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    There is a middle ground here. He doesn't need to live like a pauper, but he could be a bit more sensitive to the hardships that others might be suffering and live a more low key, modest lifestyle. It would be a politically savvy thing to do to avoid this type of publicity.
    He's living in a vacant unsold condo inside a development that can't make its payments back to the city pension funds it borrowed money from. ... I say giving them some revenue...vs. say a large suite at the Ren Cen isn't all that bad of a deal.

Where were all these people when Kwame was living high on the hog? That said, you don't expect this guy to live down at the Y. do you? No one would take this job on the cheap. Give the guy some slack and see if he can do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    There is a middle ground here. He doesn't need to live like a pauper, but he could be a bit more sensitive to the hardships that others might be suffering and live a more low key, modest lifestyle. It would be a politically savvy thing to do to avoid this type of publicity.
    I like people who aren't politically savvy. We could use more of them.

Why should Orr live more modestly ? Orr is not an elected official, he came here to do a job. Orr didn't make any promises, other to do what he was bought here to do. Remember Orr is not accountable to the people [[neither are our elected officials but that's another story) he is accountable to the Nerd.

Move Orr into the Manooghian and move Bing into the Wurlitzer.

Just one comment. If I donated $100K to your fund, with the stipulation that my name remain confidential, you have made a binding agreement with me, IF you accept the money. Tricky Dicky can't just "hand over the list in 30 minutes" to LeDuff without legal advice and implications.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Just one comment. If I donated $100K to your fund, with the stipulation that my name remain confidential, you have made a binding agreement with me, IF you accept the money. Tricky Dicky can't just "hand over the list in 30 minutes" to LeDuff without legal advice and implications.
    Also... it sure looks like the pickins are pretty slim for LeDuff these days in realm of corrupt city politics. he should go back to following Ficano around.

I mean, multiple times in the write up it says something to the affect of "not that any of this is in any way illegal or unethical."

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Also... it sure looks like the pickins are pretty slim for LeDuff these days in realm of corrupt city politics. he should go back to following Ficano around.

I mean, multiple times in the write up it says something to the affect of "not that any of this is in any way illegal or unethical."

lol.
    I bet his butt got burnt on a few of his borderline accusations and implications.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2