Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mike Duggan has had every legal hurdle thrown @ him, and yet he still was able to bounce back swinging. The man has shown resiliency @ the very least. Benny Napoleon and Tom Barrow started their campaigns with the same old tired clap-trap about "our" town and the "real" Dertroiters, etc.; business as usual. I personally have no plans to spend another 4 years here "waiting until the next time". I still think Duggan can turn out to be a POS. I just don't think he smells nearly as bad as the next guy. I'm too old to believe in fairy tales and the knight in shining armor crap.

we'll see what happens after the planned debates. Responses may rise or fall for either candidate. are the primary results finally settled?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    we'll see what happens after the planned debates. Responses may rise or fall for either candidate. are the primary results finally settled?
    I haven't heard anything to the contrary, but you never know what someone will find. He might have had the wrong tie color on that day.......

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Mike Duggan has had every legal hurdle thrown @ him, and yet he still was able to bounce back swinging. The man has shown resiliency @ the very least. Benny Napoleon and Tom Barrow started their campaigns with the same old tired clap-trap about "our" town and the "real" Dertroiters, etc.; business as usual. I personally have no plans to spend another 4 years here "waiting until the next time". I still think Duggan can turn out to be a POS. I just don't think he smells nearly as bad as the next guy. I'm too old to believe in fairy tales and the knight in shining armor crap.
    I think your "too old" mentality is how some of us younger people who have been following Detroit politics for the better part of our 20s feel. I agree with what you said, pretty much 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Thing is, I'm not really sure Duggan is all that much better than Benny, but people are so tired of the long line of crooks and thieves, they're wanting to go in a different direction.

Brings up the question -- what happens if Duggan turns out crooked too?
    Crooked ain't good. But its not been a big problem for Detroit. If Duggan turns out to be crooked [[and I have not reason to think it true), so long as he actually runs good government -- we'll be OK. Let the feds work on clean governance. In the meantime, let's get city hall functioning again.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    I think your "too old" mentality is how some of us younger people who have been following Detroit politics for the better part of our 20s feel. I agree with what you said, pretty much 100%.
    Cool. You guys wanna hang out?

Michael "Union Buster" Duggan.

With all the vacant property available - I hope the quarter-mile dragstrip proposal finally gets approved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2