Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    :::::APPLAUSE!!::::::: Good for you!

I have a friend of Chicago who used to work in the downtown area of that city. He would look for places where meters were broken or missing due to construction or some other reason. He always took pictures. Occassionally he would get parking tickets. Because he could leave his job without penalty, he would fight each one with the pics. I think he only had to pay one or two out of hundreds.
    It's very easy to get parking tickets dismissed in Chicago. Me and most of my friends have gotten at least one dropped. Any of them are worth fighting and can be disputed easily online. You don't have to show up to dispute them in person or even over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    It's very easy to get parking tickets dismissed in Chicago. Me and most of my friends have gotten at least one dropped. Any of them are worth fighting and can be disputed easily online. You don't have to show up to dispute them in person or even over the phone.
    My friend retired over 15 years ago, so it was before the days of fighting such things by phone or internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    My friend retired over 15 years ago, so it was before the days of fighting such things by phone or internet.
    Haha, well carry on the tradition! Then again, the city doesn't exactly get along with the private parking company. Plus the city owes them something like $50 million for shutting down their spots during events. $50 million is kind of a big parking ticket to pay and if a municipal government refuses to pay, no doubt the citizens will do the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2