Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
1. Anyways, yes these cities are more expensive and don't offer, to those who prefer to live in Detroit, anything new.

2. Yes, Detroit has high crime, poor schools, and shattered neighborhoods, but only means we've hit the bottom and have nowhere to go but up.

3. But what we have found out about you is that you're a black, female Chicago transplant with some Metro Detroit connection who continues to rip Detroit because we have failed some of our most vulnerable members of society and then bash those who wish to save a city from being wiped off the map. While you still continue to live and work here, without offering any help to make this region a better place and instead offering non-constructive criticism. I mean, did you major in Pessimism Studies?
1. Breaking news: Everybody that moved to SF, LA, NYC, Chicago, DC, Miami after college immediately questions their decision after learning there is nothing different between them and Detroit. Um, OK.

2. Rock bottom says who? Pretty sure 411 people were murdered last year. Further, who says you have to go "up"? History is full of abandoned ghost towns that never went "up".

3. I have no obligation to help bring back this fallen city and I honestly wonder if the efforts by the few who are trying are futile. As in the city is so far gone you won't be able to bring it back and the competition from other large cities is impossible to topple.