Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    No offense to any police officers on here, but police officers have always been hired primarily for their level of athleticism and brute strength, not necessarily their intelligence. It's hardly a big secret...

The only thing the governments and private organizations who hire them are really concerned about as far as "brain activity" is whether or not they're good at obeying marching orders without question. Cops that are "smart" will question and even disobey authority along with their decisions to carry out militarized police actions against non-violent law breakers.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cou...se-hire-smart/
    All I can say regarding this post is "wow". I am practically speechless.

Take it for one who knows, men/women who are police officers are more than strong, able bodied people who are more brawn than brains. The time they spend in a classroom studying law is enormous. The time spent learning how to enforce the law is enormous, especially when they encounter someone like yourself who thinks they are brainless robots and should question the very laws the States and all of the United States have on the books; as well as "disobey" authority.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you ever need help really bad, call someone else other than 911 if you feel so strongly about that officer...especially when they put themselves out there every day to protect and serve those of you who think they are idiots.

Cla1969: It is probably best not to respond to such a stupid posting. If you follow 313wx's posts they show that she/he is very much anti establishment and that she/he likes to position herself/himself as somewhat of a "rebel". And that website that she/he linked to is filled with anti-police nonsense articles.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about her/him not calling 911 when she/he is in trouble. She/he should just try to use her/his obviously superior intellect to defuse the situation or disarm the criminal.... I'll be waiting to read her/his obituary in the paper.

Such rubbish!

It's my taxpayer dollars as a private sector employees that pay for the salaries and benefits of police officers, so I will call them for any situation I deem worthy of their involvement as I'm their boss and it's their job to protect and serve.

That said, when they come out, I don't expect them to threaten me with being tazered, shot to death or being choked to death because I choose to take pictures of things happening in the public domain, I won't let them search my property without a warrant or I won't talk to them in a certain type of way to stroke their ego. Nor do I expect their fellow officers to defend them when engaging in this abuse of power...

It's my taxpayer dollars as a private sector employees that pay for the salaries and benefits of police officers, so I will call them for any situation I deem worthy of their involvement as I'm their boss and it's their job to protect and serve.

That said, when they come out, I don't expect them to threaten me with being tazered, shot to death or being choked to death because I choose to take pictures of things happening in the public domain, I won't let them search my property without a warrant or I won't talk to them in a certain type of way to stroke their ego. Nor do I expect their fellow officers to defend them when engaging in this abuse of power...
    Be sure and tell them you're the boss when they show up.

Never had had an issue with the cops myself but I didn't act like an asshole like people do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Be sure and tell them you're the boss when they show up.

Never had had an issue with the cops myself but I didn't act like an asshole like people do now.

I would happily pay a large sum to see 313wx spout off to the the police and watch them administer a proper "attitude adjustment" to her/him. Internet anonymous bravado is a wonderful thing. I'll bet she/he would be a quivering mess if ever confronted by a criminal let alone a member of the law enforcement community.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    I would happily pay a large sum to see 313wx spout off to the the police and watch them administer a proper "attitude adjustment" to her/him. Internet anonymous bravado is a wonderful thing. I'll bet she/he would be a quivering mess if ever confronted by a criminal let alone a member of the law enforcement community.
    People in glass houses shoudn't throw stones, given some of the vile posts you've made on this forum, specifically in the still active "Grosse Pointe Going Ghetto" thread...

Detroitboy may fall for your crap, but I'm not taking your bait. Sorry to disappoint you.

Interesting...

How was the OP who was just peacefully taking pictures acting like an asshole?

How was Aiyana STanley-Jones who was sleeping on the couch acting like an asshole when the cops were given marching orders without a second thought to gun the house down?

How was Eric Garner acting like an asshole just holding loose cigarettes in his hand and then crying "he couldn't breathe?"

How was the women in Warren acting like an asshole when the gang of cops "just following orders" decided to show her who's boss and cut off her hair and costing the taxpayers of that cesspool town thousands of dollars in an out-of-court settlement?

I've never had an issue with the cops either. That said, unlike some people, I'm not blind to the extent in which they collectively abuse their power simply because they were given a little bit of authority to enforce laws elected official and free reign to wield all sorts of fancy military-grade weaponry.

Interesting...

Snip...sticking to the topic......snip

I've never had an issue with the cops either. That said, unlike some people, I'm not blind to the extent in which they collectively abuse their power simply because they were given a little bit of authority to enforce laws elected official and free reign to wield all sorts of fancy military-grade weaponry.
    Like I said, be sure and let them know how you feel next time you're pulled over.

Like I said...
    That you think citizens that pay the police to protect and serve them are assholes?

Yes, I heard you loud and clear.

How was the OP who was just peacefully taking pictures acting like an asshole?
    And how do we know that OP is telling an accurate account of events? You're making judgements based on one side of the story. I take personal accounts given on the internet with a huge grain of salt. How do you know that the OP didn't let thier pre-existing biases color their recollection or interpretation of events?

That you think citizens that pay the police to protect and serve them are assholes?

Yes, I heard you loud and clear.
    No you didn't. Talk to the cops if you have a problem with them.

...and they pay for your welfare!
    ...so you're the cheap bastard I've been looking for
    ...really, because I could really use a raise
    ...I pay taxes, too...this one's on me
    ...then I pay my own salary because I pay taxes, too
    ...I pay for your Obama phone, your healthcare, your food stamps...etc

are just a few responses to your stupid statement.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    And how do we know that OP is telling an accurate account of events? You're making judgements based on one side of the story. I take personal accounts given on the internet with a huge grain of salt. How do you know that the OP didn't let thier pre-existing biases color their recollection or interpretation of events?
    How do you know the investigations into the Ferguson shooting were handled right? [[I really don't think anyone saw the segment John Oliver did on it-almost all white police force handling a very black area. The responding officer to the shooting didn't even take any notes down. Yet, so much more can be said on all of that....). Nixon had control of Justice and FBI during Watergate.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    ...and they pay for your welfare!
    ...so you're the cheap bastard I've been looking for
    ...really, because I could really use a raise
    ...I pay taxes, too...this one's on me
    ...then I pay my own salary because I pay taxes, too
    ...I pay for your Obama phone, your healthcare, your food stamps...etc
    Were you trying to make a point with your non-sensical rambling?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2