Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    My old Vernor's work shirt drew a lot of attention. One guy even asked me why he doesn't cough anymore when he drinks it.
    Geez, another missed opportunity to explain the wonders of Stevia and the hateful poison they now call Corn Sugar. Vernors was the first commercial soda to use Stevia as a sweetener, and they are NOTHING but sweet memories to me until they return to the original formula. LOL!

Cheers

I went for the first time this year. It was great!

Gannon, I like your post: "...time is a cruel and domineering bitch..."
    Indeed. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    I would recommend seeing Pewter Cub at the Garden Stage at 3:15pm. My friend is in the band and they are pretty fantastic. Beyond that, there are a few bands I am interested in, but I mostly go to spend time with my friends and hang out. My girlfriend lives less than a block away, and I myself am over in Woodbridge, so it is VERY relaxing to be that close to such a fun event.
    ....checked out a few stages when I first arrived at the Dally, but strangely enough, every time I got to a stage.....the band was in the midst of 'setting up' !!! Finally, since I was distracted with people watching [[soooo many beautiful women, as always), and greeting old friends, I finally realized my timing was atrocious, and that I needed to settle down and stay in one location for more than 10 minutes. Didn't work, and I was off again. Then I happened to arrive at the Garden Stage and was DELIGHTED to catch 'Collapse' a Punk Band that actually hails from my neighborhood, that calls the Trumbullplex their home. Those people over there really keep their fingers on the pulse of social and national issues and aren't afraid to get loud and in your face over it. LOVE IT !!! Anyway...they really ROCKED, with little A. Davis singing her heart out over issues very dear to her [[obviously) Then I drifted over to 'The Couch' and met Django. Nice to finally put a face to a name. Nice to meet you. The addition of Hancock being added to the general mix, rather than just using it as the 'toilet street' was a good move. It worked out well having the 'Electronica Stage' over there as well. I think the festival itself sustained this expansion very well, and didn't notice any obvious problems resulting. Never have appreciated the lack of seating at this event, but....I AM getting older so that may have something to do with my complaint. The most glaring problem I had with the Dally is: No Bio-page for the bands, to enable festival goers to pick'n'choose which band they want to see, at which time. This may not be that big a deal to some...but I'd bet many would appreciate one next year, including the acts themselves. Metro Times, and Real Detroit...neither one had a bio either. Dropped ball. I too noticed the Security 'Openly Carrying'. I read the sign in the Alley compelling the people to please be wary of violence and try to help keep the peace, as The NCCU were compelled to spend $8,000 on security this year !!!! That's outrageous !!!!! After helping with the Fourth Street Fair for many years, I find the costs of The Dally In The Alley to be phenomenal. All those beautiful stages and the soundmen.....jeez!!! Anyway, the City likes to stick their big toe into the mix and take their share too I'd bet. Do they help 'clean-up'? Overall...Great Dally !!! Good job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2