Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

For what its worth, I know one of these young men personally, and I am firmly convinced that they are being completely truthful.

Update : Charges were dropped against the two young men. It was the right thing to do. What is so disconcerting about this is how often this kind of foolishness happens but there is no videotape, no witnesses and sometimes no lawyers willing to go up against the DPD. http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...e-police-force

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Update : Charges were dropped against the two young men. It was the right thing to do. What is so disconcerting about this is how often this kind of foolishness happens but there is no videotape, no witnesses and sometimes no lawyers willing to go up against the DPD. http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...e-police-force
    Good.

While I'm sure no punishment will be coming for the officers*, I'm glad DPD was so benevolent to drop charges in the face of damning evidence.

*I'm sure abuse is still the rule rather than the exception in this city. It was only back in August I saw bum/homeless guy[[just a guess) getting checked into an iron gate, in full view of Tigers fans leaving a night game.

Most suburbanites don't give a shit. Even think they have it coming. You got a guy in this very thread labeling college students as "morons, and the thousands just like them terrorizing the city, with no respect for anything or anybody."

Yep. I am not anti-police but this was about power and authority gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I'm a black male, so let me enlighten you. You're right, the two brothers should have just shown their ID and we believe [[keyword: believe) the incident would have basically have been over with. Still, that does not give the officer the right to assault either of them. The one officer put his hand in the man's chest and he simply pushed his arm away. So that in your twisted world gives the officer the right to swing on BOTH of the brothers? Sorry, wrong answer.

48009 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Good.

While I'm sure no punishment will be coming for the officers*, I'm glad DPD was so benevolent to drop charges in the face of damning evidence.

*I'm sure abuse is still the rule rather than the exception in this city. It was only back in August I saw bum/homeless guy[[just a guess) getting checked into an iron gate, in full view of Tigers fans leaving a night game.

Most suburbanites don't give a shit. Even think they have it coming. You got a guy in this very thread labeling college students as "morons, and the thousands just like them terrorizing the city, with no respect for anything or anybody."
    I don't give a shit about two idiots that couldn't check their ghetto ego and showed no respect for officers, who risk their life trying to protect the jungle that their peers are responsible for. All of it could have been avoided by simply handing their ID to the cops in the first place. But since they were cops, [[let's be real) white cops, they wanted to get all loud, righteous and defiant. You have the 20 yo saying on tape he wouldn't have acted differently! Good luck to the older bro, that's in law school[[?), that character & fitness portion of the bar should be MIGHTY interesting with this popping up on your record. Future employers & girlfriends will get to Google their names, and see the two morons yelling at cops and getting into a fistfight in 2013. SO worth it. Way to stand up to "the man" or fight "the system".

You're twisting my words. Freep said 1 in 13 black kids at Wayne actually graduate with a degree. So being "in college" is more often then not just a way to get a refund check from financial aid, but you and Fox apparently think it makes these morons some sort of genius or excuses them from committing crimes.
    Last edited by 48009; September-07-13 at 08:34 AM.

48009 Guest

Publicity + black prosecutors + white cops + political pressure to make this go away = two idiots got some charges dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by 48009 View Post
    Publicity + black prosecutors + white cops + political pressure to make this go away = two idiots got some charges dropped.
    It was more than just your equation. How about the charges being bogus in the first place. In this particular case I have a little more information than what's being reported in the news. Without getting into details let me just say that if this case had gone to trial it would have been a MAJOR embarrassment for the DPD and the officers involved. The young men were lucky the videotape [[of which there is a lot more than what was shown) told the tale. Unfortunately I think it happens on a regular basis there just isn't video to back the victims.

I don't give a shit about two idiots that couldn't check their ghetto ego and showed no respect for officers, who risk their life trying to protect the jungle that their peers are responsible for. All of it could have been avoided by simply handing their ID to the cops in the first place. But since they were cops, [[let's be real) white cops, they wanted to get all loud, righteous and defiant. You have the 20 yo saying on tape he wouldn't have acted differently! Good luck to the older bro, that's in law school[[?), that character & fitness portion of the bar should be MIGHTY interesting with this popping up on your record. Future employers & girlfriends will get to Google their names, and see the two morons yelling at cops and getting into a fistfight in 2013. SO worth it. Way to stand up to "the man" or fight "the system".

You're twisting my words. Freep said 1 in 13 black kids at Wayne actually graduate with a degree. So being "in college" is more often then not just a way to get a refund check from financial aid, but you and Fox apparently think it makes these morons some sort of genius or excuses them from committing crimes.
    I'm glad not everyone is as eager as you are to give up your rights.

48009 Guest

It was more than just your equation. How about the charges being bogus in the first place. In this particular case I have a little more information than what's being reported in the news. Without getting into details let me just say that if this case had gone to trial it would have been a MAJOR embarrassment for the DPD and the officers involved. The young men were lucky the videotape [[of which there is a lot more than what was shown) told the tale. Unfortunately I think it happens on a regular basis there just isn't video to back the victims.
    Ah yes, cops "harassing" these two loudmouth idiots is far more embarrassing than their peers responsible for more violent crime--200 homicides in 2013--than anywhere else in the nation. These "bad" cops are the REAL issue in this warzone. My God, save it.
    Last edited by 48009; September-07-13 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    He's hardly eager to give up his rights, he's eager to give up your rights. There's a huge difference.

48009 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Are you happy with the warzone that is current Detroit, overrun with teens and adults committing violent crime -or- would you like the ability to stop for gas in city limits without worrying about getting your head blown off? Stop & frisk worked in NYC and it will work here. If they thought their rights were being violated they should have controlled their ego, shown ID, and filed a complaint with a superior the next day like the conditioned & educated men they were so quick to broadcast. There is ZERO justification for yelling at police, fighting with police, etc. A couple of unhirable morons with no impulse control, or regret for their actions.
    Last edited by 48009; September-07-13 at 10:30 AM.

48009 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mam2009 View Post
    Glad to provide a chuckle. It should be required viewing in every drivers' training course! Lol!
    "Is there a problem officer?" > "Why the **** you harassing us??!"

"Hello officers. Be safe tight." > whispering "pigs" to your brother when you walk by their cruiser

All of it could have been avoided by simply handing their ID to the cops in the first place.
    Yep. Nothing ever goes wrong after you do that.

48009 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Yep. Nothing ever goes wrong after you do that.
    Yep, nice black guys with no record, who are respectful to cops are at risk to get crack rocks put in their pocket and taken to jail for possession. Cops in Detroit can't wait to set up some innocent kids because lord knows there is such a shortage of real criminals on every block in town..........

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Good.

...It was only back in August I saw bum/homeless guy[[just a guess) getting checked into an iron gate, in full view of Tigers fans leaving a night game.

"
    Where did that happen? Did you make a complaint? I'm asking because a friend of mine saw the same thing happen back in April before a night game. Could be the same officer. People have to report this stuff if they see it. Take pictures or video or just get the officers name and/or badge number.

Are you happy with the warzone that is current Detroit, overrun with teens and adults committing violent crime -or- would you like the ability to stop for gas in city limits without worrying about getting your head blown off? Stop & frisk worked in NYC and it will work here. If they thought their rights were being violated they should have controlled their ego, shown ID, and filed a complaint with a superior the next day like the conditioned & educated men they were so quick to broadcast. There is ZERO justification for yelling at police, fighting with police, etc. A couple of unhirable morons with no impulse control, or regret for their actions.
    You're projecting. These men have nothing to do with your straw man argument.

I believe bad cops, being part of a flawed or corrupt system, are a huge part of the problem.

Despite your lemming tendencies, cops are not infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    He's hardly eager to give up his rights, he's eager to give up your rights. There's a huge difference.
    Good point. The tone being taken in most of his/her posts seems to be about taking away the rights of blacks, to be honest.

"Is there a problem officer?" > "Why the **** you harassing us??!"

"Hello officers. Be safe tight." > whispering "pigs" to your brother when you walk by their cruiser
    Only if the cops are small men with something to prove. Ironic, though, given LAWS and the cops' role in the system.

No one is happy with what's going on in Detroit but the two cops involved in this incident aren't doing a single thing to make it better. You know Stop and Frisk will work in Detroit. If you want our currently broke and bankrupt city to start spending more money than it has in lawsuits then bring back S&F ...guaranteed to work. You know the ironic thing about the incident is that one of the men showed his ID to the officer. We know this because he snatched the ID out of his hands. However the officers wouldn't provide the men with their badge numbers when asked, so good luck complaining to a superior the next day. So yes, Mr. Birmingham in your perfect world you shouldn't fight the police since they are all knowing and always right, but damn they sure make it tough when they throw the first punch.

I hope 48009 is taking a nap. Possibly seeking counseling. Prozac might be a good alternative.

Oh yes, the 'impulse control' thing. Yes, I've read about that so-called tendency on 'other' - um, sites. WHICH IS WHY when I mentor teens I talk to them about their responses and how controlling ones reaction can help diffuse a situation, especially as it is assumed they cannot.

Having said that, I'm am certain the young men regret their responses in full as they now have a 'google problem', [[anytime an employer runs their names online) onward. But this does not take away the responsibility for how the officers behaved.

Early in my career with two former jobs sites I was provoked to see if I would 'go off'. I've had things said and done precisely to get such an anticipated reaction - my response measured to see if it matched expectations.

I refused to fall into the trap. NOPE...

I learned the game early and responded calmly verbally and also in writing as needed, firm-yet professionally. That kind of response would thwart their tricks fast!

...There is ZERO justification for yelling at police, fighting with police, etc. A couple of unhirable morons with no impulse control, or regret for their actions.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-08-13 at 06:56 AM.

I agree. When provoked, try the professional route first which may either diffuse the situation and retain your control or it will reveal the opponents hand and agenda fully if he/she/they continue to act an like an ass.

Often if you remain professional it will embarrass the opponent to at least pretend to act likewise. I've seen that occur in the corporate/ office setting.

....if I had a son, I would advise him NEVER to become confrontational with police. There are unprofessional police in the world just as there are other unprofessional persons in various professions. And it may be your bad luck to run into one.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-08-13 at 06:57 AM.

Well stated. But you've got to admit it's just easier to sum up everyone as a moron, and terrorist, and without impulse control...... After all even those trying are just, well pretending to be civil. There's little hope from that perspective.

That's BS and you know it. You don't know me. I have raised law abiding children in the city of Detroit with a respect for authority who by the way are college graduates. Those brothers are not morons, are not terrorizing the city. I stated there are many out of control kids in the city many with no home training or respect for authority I get that. Those brothers are not like that even though the police officers would profile them that way, just like you profiled me in your post.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-08-13 at 06:58 AM.

Yeah, looks like there was lots of 'impulse control' lackings to go around here...

Although, harshly stated, I agree with your first and third sentences. But let's not forget that Officer "Bully" exhibited some classic impulse control deficiencies...and HE'S THE ONE WITH TRAINING & WHO GETS A PAYCHECK TO KEEP THE PEACE AND ENFORCE THE LAW.

48009 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Oh yes, the 'impulse control' thing. Yes, I've read about that so-called tendency on 'other' - um, sites. WHICH IS WHY when I mentor teens I talk to them about their responses and how controlling ones reaction can help diffuse a situation, especially as it is assumed they cannot.

Having said that, I'm am certain the young men regret their responses in full as they now have a 'google problem', [[anytime an employer runs their names online) onward. But this does not take away the responsibility for how the officers behaved.

Early in my career with two former jobs sites I was provoked to see if I would 'go off'. I've had things said and done precisely to get such an anticipated reaction - my response measured to see if it matched expectations.

I refused to fall into the trap. NOPE...

I learned the game early and responded calmly verbally and also in writing as needed, firm-yet professionally. That kind of response would thwart their tricks fast!
    By "other sites" do you mean psychology journals? Because that's where I read about it. It's not, nor did I ever claim that this is a developmental issue just blacks face. I believe the video clearly shows two men suffering from this issue. No respect for authority. No impulse control. They're college educated but dealt with "jerk" cops like illiterate ghetto thugs the DPD have to deal with day in and day out. Way to set yourself a part from the trash, gentlemen. Their mother & fathers should be ashamed they raised boys like that.

Anyone black, white or purple that's been to college has had a run in or two with campus PD. It's no fun, but I've never shouted back or gotten into a fight with police because I conduct myself like an adult, respect authority [[yes, even if they're jerks) and control my ego--especially when communicating with some guy who can throw me in jail for the night. Detroit cops are treated like assholes, sucker punched, shot at, run from ALL FREAKING DAY. These innocent men had a chance to respond like educated adults but they reverted into stereotypical Detroit thugs because their ego was hurt. The arrest will have to be disclosed, Google won't forget, the older brother has a character & fitness portion of the bar to worry about. Embarrassing.
    Last edited by 48009; September-08-13 at 08:54 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast