Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Good Lord... are you still here? Didn't you recently post that you were leaving this God forsaken area to go move to some utopia where things are not killed or suburbanites are to be respected?
    I am. Thanks for your interest. The move is next year. The military makes moving difficult.

I figure for the time being since I actually live in a regular old Detroit neighborhood, wake up here, breathe the air, read the paper, and drink the coffee, I can still add some perspective, love it or hate it, that, say, someone who lives in St. Clair Shores can't. That's just me. The thread just hit 2 pages, so something must be working.

In the words of the late great CAY, "Aloha MF!"

Wring your hands all you want.

Southwest Detroit takes care of their own, metes out their own justice in the absence of any services by the city. They beat up the rapist of the mentally challenged girl a month or so ago.
    Last edited by RickBeall; August-28-13 at 09:04 PM.

That cat saw something and snitched and that's why it ended up in that dumpster.

Poobert.....I agree with everything you said. Detroit's answer "shoot first, ask questions later". This poor animal didn't harm anyone, but the darn gun-happy "neighbor" had to shot it. Well, Detroit is still living up to it's reputation of "murder capital" be it man or beast.

People were afraid of the cat. It was larger and seemed more aggressive than an ordinary house cat. They thought it was dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by black gold man View Post
    Imagine the conversation at the payphone: "Back off on the catnip!"

A rescue group did try to trap the cat, but the cat was probably already dead before they set up the trap. I would much rather have a stray Savannah cat in my backyard than a pit bull.

I'm glad that big Savannah cat didn't hurt anybody. How about that?

Now that was just plain ole naughty of you ----!

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    That cat saw something and snitched and that's why it ended up in that dumpster.

Maybe he was part of the underground catnip ring Most of the rubouts go unnoticed, this one just happened to register above the background static.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2