Those clients and visitors and other important folks have no problem parking in a central garage somewhere nearby. We have reps come in all the time that park in a garage a couple blocks away. They don't mind at all.

Again, no building needs its own dedicated parking. This resource can be shared. Your claim is complete nonesense to me since its obvious you haven't worked in a downtown where plenty of full leased buildings don't have on site parking.

Point is the Penobscot needs to do more than boost their parking arrangements. It's only part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
But, again, the point is that office buildings need some degree of dedicated parking. That's my only point. With few exceptions in the U.S., any new office building needs parking. The building doesn't have parking because it's a trophy building, it has parking because it's good business sense.

If dedicated parking is considered important in the Loop, it's reasonable to say that dedicated parking is important in Downtown Detroit. Vintage office buildings almost always have parking arrangements for dedicated parking.

I agree, but it still doesn't mean dedicated parking isn't needed. "Most" isn't "all", and you need something for those who work there and want to drive, and, especially, for visitors/clients.