Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MaxCady View Post
    The time may be coming when the only remaining option is for all the decent, non criminals to leave the city and wait for the thugs to kill themselves off. Then, the city can be reclaimed and rebuilt.
    Great idea except the thugs have roughly 13 children each, all neglected worse than the last, so the cycle continues.

How will magnanimity reemerge?
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-04-13 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Dead, because he asked them to keep the noise down. Probably disrespected them.
    So, i am fairly new here and trying to figure out the players. Can i assume there was a lot of sarcasim in that?

Lily

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    So, i am fairly new here and trying to figure out the players. Can i assume there was a lot of sarcasim in that?

Lily
    Yes, I think so Lily.

At least I hope so.

Lily
    Yes.

That's Honky Tonk's M.O.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    So basically, the city has to die before it comes back?
    . Correct. Detroit has been clinging to life like a half dead zombie for decades. Maybe it should finally be allowed to implode so it can have a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Great idea except the thugs have roughly 13 children each, all neglected worse than the last, so the cycle continues.
    True, but at some point they would only have each other to prey on and eventually there would be nothing left to steal.

13 children each sounds a little high to me... sarcasm perhaps there too...

Lily

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    But that's the thing, no one has the cure for the infection. We've simply been shuffling the deck of chairs around. Until recently, everyone's been fleeing to the suburbs to get away from the contagious infection in the city, and now that the infection is spreading to the suburbs, everyone's moving back to the city. In the midst of all of this shuffling of course, the infection itself has not been addressed.
    I 100% agree. This is a problem that needs to be addressed, and I hope that the new generation of policymakers and thinkers make progress on this. I also know that if the bottom 10% of the socioeconomic ladder make up 90% of the social problems and anti-social behavior, there's no way that the bottom 30% of the same ladders will have the resources to make any progress on the problems.

The shuffling is necessary to create a de facto redistribution of wealth/resources available to address these problems. Having rich people move into the city and become emotionally invested in the city is an important prerequisite to making any progress on this.

I don't have all the answers on this, and I agree that if re-shuffling population is the only solution, then we will get nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I 100% agree. This is a problem that needs to be addressed, and I hope that the new generation of policymakers and thinkers make progress on this. I also know that if the bottom 10% of the socioeconomic ladder make up 90% of the social problems and anti-social behavior, there's no way that the bottom 30% of the same ladders will have the resources to make any progress on the problems.
    The 2% of the nations population cause 98% of the problems. It is a Log-Normal [[Pareto) distribution.

Thanks for the replies. It takes a bit of time to be able to read between the lines online.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    The 2% of the nations population cause 98% of the problems.
    Yeah, but it's the TOP 2%, not the bottom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2