Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    There is currently a study going on along the entire length of Woodward to determine the best mode. For more information or to submit comments: http://www.woodwardanalysis.com/
    It looks as if the alternative has already been selected. That is unfortunate. I have a strong belief that once BRT is in place, LRT will not be implemented as a "next step".

Also, in the evaluation criteria, one that was highly considered was "Integration with Existing System [[feeder routes)". First of all, what existing system...? Secondly, how is BRT any better than LRT at connecting with feeder routes? And third, was M1 Rail not considered a "feeder route"? If so, that was a huge mistake. I feel like the evaluting strategy used was light on the technical details and too much based on public opinion. Also, who performed this study? If it was Parsons Brinckerhoff....

I, too, have no clue what a "merton" is and can't find anything on google to explain it. DetroitDave, please enlighten us