Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyr View Post
    Yup. Most of the workers at these Detroit stores will be employed but not make enough to lose their their EBT cards. Development is great, but let's be clear on what another grocery store in the city really means.
    Any decent new retail in the city is fine with me. New retail around here usually means crappy party stores, wig shops and African hair braiding places. Try finding a hardware store to get a key made or a jewelry store to get a battery for your watch.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    What's a stereotypical suburban wuss? Could you elaborate please - I'm seriously interested.
    Livonia I assume it is someone that will refuse to step foot in Detroit or go to Meijer in Detroit even though it is closer than the suburban one they go to.

I am excited by this. I wish a couple of Targets and Walmarts would also open. But I love Meijer. And I know that everyone hates lowly retail jobs. Except those who have them. I am happy there will be hundreds of new jobs and a new taxpaying business.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I am excited by this. I wish a couple of Targets and Walmarts would also open. But I love Meijer. And I know that everyone hates lowly retail jobs. Except those who have them. I am happy there will be hundreds of new jobs and a new taxpaying business.
    First step towards other major retailers is proving the myth that the entire store will be stolen wrong. If Meijer can show that their 8/Woodward location, as well as the new location, are not shoplifting magnets, but rather profit magnets, you can bet more businesses will be swooping in for their piece of the pie.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5