Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Devious but funny. Fortunately I can spell Duggan.

Someone does need to do a mental check on Barrow.

Isn't this how St Clair Shores ended up with a Ford reject as their Mayor?

Republican name ringer "Walby" ran in a city with a long time history of a Democratic Mayor Wahby.

It's a political ploy from Benny Napoleon to make sure that Detroit's Mayoral Election is a "BLACKS ONLY" campaign. This Mike Dugeon is a NOT real politician. He has no plans to save Detroit from Snyder and his EM puppets. Mike Dugeon is some Detroit barber doing what has to do cut black folks nappy hair. He has his own business to run and he will NEVER win the election.

What a circus act!

that would be fun. day 1 after the mayor is elected, orr fires the mayor.

i'd buy that for a dollar!

Well, does this person plan on running ads on TV, billboards, lawn signs, or flyers? If his name is not seen anywhere other than on this forum and in the initial stories online, in the papers, or on TV, then how are people going to get Dugeon mixed up with Duggan's name? It's not like his name is going to be on the ballot right above Duggan's. Besides, Duggan will saturate the TV airways the week leading up to the primary. As a result, people will have more than enough opportunities to see how to write out DUGGAN. I don't think people who will vote for him will have difficulties spelling his name correctly. Sophomoric prank at best.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Devious but funny. Fortunately I can spell Duggan.

Someone does need to do a mental check on Barrow.
    Good for you, sumas, that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Well, does this person plan on running ads on TV, billboards, lawn signs, or flyers? If his name is not seen anywhere other than on this forum and in the initial stories online, in the papers, or on TV, then how are people going to get Dugeon mixed up with Duggan's name? It's not like his name is going to be on the ballot right above Duggan's. Besides, Duggan will saturate the TV airways the week leading up to the primary. As a result, people will have more than enough opportunities to see how to write out DUGGAN. I don't think people who will vote for him will have difficulties spelling his name correctly. Sophomoric prank at best.
    Well there is a method to the madness. Any misspelling of the name can allow for a challenge that the Dugeon camp can claim as their vote. I would think there will be numerous misspellings of the name which if there wasn't a Dugeon involved would still go to Duggan. The Napoleon camp has the most to gain from this because they can outspend any second place finisher other than Duggan. Duggan is his only real challenger. If the whole write process gets messed up so someone else can slip in that second spot that would make the Benny camp very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    This is a classic 'ringer' tactic. This is as old as the hills.

Any votes where Duggan is misspelled as, for instance, Dugan, Duggon, Duggin, etc. will now be contestable and most likely thrown out.

"All's fair in love,war and politics."

Another use of a ringer is neutralize dissenters of one's own party, particularly in a two way race.

For instance, in a two way race where, let's say, the Republican candidate would normally win by a big margin, but is in the midst of a scandal that has PO'd his base, a ringer will be entered. That way Republican voters who are mad at their candidate yet can't stomach voting for the Democrat can vote for the ringer thereby removing the temptation to grudge-vote for the Dem candidate.
    Kind of reminds one of Mary Waters suddenly running aainst Momma Cheeks to split the anti-Cheeks vote. Same ol' same ol'........Heavy sigh.

If any voters fear that they'll fumble on the "real" Duggan's name, John and Jane Q Voter can always bring in that literature that the "real" Duggan has been mailing like crazy in the past two weeks. I helped the elderly in my family [[g-parent, parents) with their absentee ballots and man, Duggan has sent them a dozen at least literature in the mail. It's ridiculous.

Indeed! This is a spoiler set up. More fun for the election workers who have to sift thru this..........

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Detroit provides endless comedy.

Dangy Danny, don't leave out any details........! Make that a four-ring circus

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's a political ploy from Benny Napoleon to make sure that Detroit's Mayoral Election is a "BLACKS ONLY" campaign. This Mike Dugeon is a NOT real politician. He has no plans to save Detroit from Snyder and his EM puppets. Mike Dugeon is some Detroit barber doing what has to do cut black folks nappy hair. He has his own business to run and he will NEVER win the election.

What a circus act!

Yep. An absolute pawn. I wonder where he was found? How great for him to have such a 'handy' name. Still, Duggan could have prevented all of this by looking at a wall calendar if his smart phone was on the charger!!! What a mess!

The rub is that the folks who vote for Dugeon 'whatever' to further gank up Duggan are IMO WASTING their vote. The active voting pool in Detroit is low already... This does not even constitute as a 'protest' vote... USELESS...

Quote Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
    Mike Dugeon, 30, first registered to vote only last year. He couldn't even be bothered to vote in the last presidential election, for which he registered. He is clearly a pawn for some political interest.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-26-13 at 06:39 PM.

After watch this unfold, I find this is playing out just fine for Duggan and for Napoleon too. The primary is all about getting first or second place and this farce is sucking the air out of the other contestants' campaigns.

Nobody is talking about them and all we are hear is Duggan/Dugeon and Napoleon.

If the Napoleon camp is behind this, as the snickers on last night's "Let er Rip" featuring their campaign head and Charlie LeDuff would seem to indicate, they may have cemented Duggan's name on the big ballot.

The other winner is LeDuff who has once again shown his media savvy in keeping his name play.

And LeDuff is such a plagiarizer! Didn’t he get let go by the NYT for plagiarism or is that some lie that keeps getting repeated in an echo chamber on this Board? I think it must be because the NYT publishes an op-ed today by its former employee. Do you think that would happen on the most prestigious forum in the country if the NYT thought he was a plagiarizer???

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Well, does this person plan on running ads on TV, billboards, lawn signs, or flyers? .... Sophomoric prank at best.
    Now that you mention it, I did see a banner for him on a fence near Gratiot & Russell yesterday. It was a pretty sophmoric banner too.

Come on ! you guys can see right through this , I was listening to NPR today, and this guy, dugeon, came out of no where, they even play the audio back with Charile Le duff saying " hey your name is kinda like Duggan's you should run . and "someone" pick up on this and ran with it it.
    This guy is a joke and being used and we all know it !
    Who do you think found this guy and will benefit from it??? hummmm ?
    Last edited by Detroitdave; July-26-13 at 01:46 PM.

The dismissive attitude on this forum is mind boggling to me. Who cares if this guy's a 2 bit hack, or a professional hit man. Detroit is @ the crossroads of one of the most important mayoral elections in history, and Charlie "The Ass" just threw a monkey wrench into the vote tallying. One more time, previously, ANY mispelled write-in that "sounded like" Duggan, would be counted for Duggan, NOW, they'll just get tossed. I know there are people on this forum that are world renowned authors and can spell, but there are also another 699,999 residents that might slip up. Ha-ha-ha, what a funny joke! [[Detroit is)

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The dismissive attitude on this forum is mind boggling to me. Who cares if this guy's a 2 bit hack, or a professional hit man. Detroit is @ the crossroads of one of the most important mayoral elections in history, and Charlie "The Ass" just threw a monkey wrench into the vote tallying. One more time, previously, ANY mispelled write-in that "sounded like" Duggan, would be counted for Duggan, NOW, they'll just get tossed. I know there are people on this forum that are world renowned authors and can spell, but there are also another 699,999 residents that might slip up. Ha-ha-ha, what a funny joke! [[Detroit is)
    I'm with you on this one Honky Tonk... if Duggan fails to be one of the 2 finalists because enough "contested spelling" votes put him into third place behind duffuses Napoleon and Barrow... then who will be laughing??

If Charlie LeDupe's little prank wins then guess who loses??

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    If Charlie LeDupe's little prank wins then guess who loses??
    Uh...Duggan?

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Uh...Duggan?
    Since you live in the city... guess again!
    Last edited by Gistok; July-26-13 at 07:49 PM.

give me charlie leduff over mike duggan, michael dugeon, benny napoleon any day.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    give me charlie leduff over mike duggan, michael dugeon, benny napoleon any day.
    I bet you have pictures of yourself with your thumb and baby finger out, your tongue sticking out, and a beer in the other hand.

Couldn't post a comment to his article, so please forgive my posting it here.

Time to retire Mr. Leduff. Detroit has many fine journalists, journalists who find and report news. They don't need to make news to report on.

lily

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Couldn't post a comment to his article, so please forgive my posting it here.

Time to retire Mr. Leduff. Detroit has many fine journalists, journalists who find and report news. They don't need to make news to report on.

lily
    Lily.... well stated... and welcome to the forum!!

are there any investigative journalists still left in detroit?
    do you have any names or what websites/papers they report at?

metrotimes has some good I.J. and maybe the freep/detnews get lucky once a year.
    some good online journalists too, i'm forgetting them this early in the day.
    i really want to know, because i like to follow good journalists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast