Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    It's pretty clear that the Metro Times was trying to trip him up with that question. It's not the fact that he could or couldn't answer it, but rather the fact that the intent of the question was for the Metro Times to pull a "gotcha" stunt on him. He rightfully called them out on it. I've never seen any of the newspaper ask this question to Mike Duggan.

Same goes for job interviews. Not everyone is like Dr. Frasier Crane who can provide witty, articulate retorts to even the dumbest crap at the blink of an eye, nor should anyone have to be like him to land a job. What's funny is, I bet if the tables were turned on the people who ask that silly question, they would struggle mightily answering it themselves.
    The Metro Times asked that same question to Barrow and Crittendon at least [[I didn't finish all of the interviews) and they didn't seem to have a problem with it. From reading Curt Guyette interview with Benny it seemed that he was perturbed with the follow up questions about when he was chief and that put him in a combative mood by the time the greatest weakness question came up. In other words I don't think it was that question so much as the questions that led up to it. Also to be fair the interviews were split between Cuyette and Bryan Gottlieb and I don't think Bryan asked that question in his interviews one of which included Duggan.
    Last edited by firstandten; July-25-13 at 11:17 PM.