Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by BankruptcyGuy View Post
    Well, Schuette is the Attorney General, which means he represents the State, officially. But what position will the State take?

a) no support for pension shortfalls;
    b) some support for pension shortfalls; or
    c) 100% support [[guarantee) for pension shortfalls.

I'm guessing it's B.

Meddle's point on lawyers is well-taken. 1000's of $/hr in that courtroom today.
    I agree with that as well. But I'm preparing my clients to prepare for it to get ugly in negotiations. Sometimes the only way to have someone accept 80% is by arguing that he only deserves 50%.

By the way, there was a photo of a firefighter protesting outside the courthouse with a sign saying "Pension 96% Funded". Is it fair to presume that he had no idea what he was protesting about?

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    By the way, there was a photo of a firefighter protesting outside the courthouse with a sign saying "Pension 96% Funded". Is it fair to presume that he had no idea what he was protesting about?
    No, that is what the DPFPS actuarial calculation shows. The EM is using a more conservative [[realistic?) rate of return, and shows less funding.

DGRS is significantly less funded than DPFPS, because the former issued more of the "13th check" and gave a higher level of benefits.