Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

have the police chiefs of the DPD and St. Clair shores responded publicly yet?

downright ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Come on people. Pull your heads out. These are only the ones that got caught. There was another similar case downriver not long ago and there have been others. This stuff goes on all the time. Problem is, a lot of the victims are pushers or junkies who won't call the cops to make a report. Cops robbing dope house is not uncommon. Once in a while they slip up and rob the wrong person -- someone who does complain.
    Though I don't condone it, I can understand doing dope houses and getting away with it. You have captive victims doing wrong that won't call a cop. But pulling civillians over in the street and robbing them? Pistol whipping people @ gas stations, chancing being caught on camera, for cell phones and pocket change? CD's? These guys are idiot scum.

One would think that cops with decades of experience could pull off an armed robbery without getting caught? It's something that illiterate, high school dropouts, get away with in this city far too often. I'm glad these cops have been exposed as [[allegedly) worthless criminals and for being incompetent in their profession. Hopefully their replacements don't come from the bottom of the ethics and competency pool.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
    It's something that illiterate, high school dropouts, get away with in this city far too often.
    Bad people aren't always poor or illiterate....

I heard Craig is saying $225.000 is not enough and is sending out resumes.

Quote Originally Posted by 48205to24 View Post
    Right, look at wall street and bankers.

Quote Originally Posted by 48205to24 View Post
    Hence why in the first sentence, which you omitted, I noted that the allegedly bad cops [[who are neither poor nor illiterate, but are experience investigating crimes) should be able to pull something off that much less capable people get away with regularly. I never made, nor even alluded to, any statement that all bad people are either poor or illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    have the police chiefs of the DPD and St. Clair shores responded publicly yet?
    St. Clair Shores Mayor Kip Walby said the veteran sergeant, whose name has not been released, was suspended and that city officials are cooperating with Detroit police. He was arrested and is in custody, a Detroit police spokeswoman said.

“We’ve been cooperating with the city of Detroit,” Walby said this morning. “We’re not jumping to conclusions and will let the system work, see how it plays out.”

St. Clair Shores police Sgt. Jenna Conrad, reading from a statement released Sunday, said the incident is part of “an ongoing investigation and we are still reviewing the information.” She said to further discuss the matter would be premature.
    http://www.macombdaily.com/article/2...rmed-robberies

So, the typical statement that doesn't say anything.

i bet they are busy shredding all of those investigations about corruption, police brutality and evidence tampering that those officers were found innocent of.

because if that gets out, wow will that look bad.

even drug dealers make complaints against officers.

Supposedly, one of their daughters cellphones was stolen.
    If thats true I guess they were using street justice to get it back.
    Also if true, if these cops can track down thieves through criminal vigilantism.
    Then residents should be able to track down our property, stop scrappers, physically evict squatters, do investigations, interrogate suspects, etc as well without prosecution as well. There are a lot of men in Detroit [[many more good than bad) who want to take the city back but dont want to face prosecution if they have to exort 'tough love'.

This is a can of worms that I dont think they want to open...

I heard that story about recovering a stolen cell phone - If it's true those two guys can't be real bright. 20 year of service down the drain for a few hundred dollars.

^^^ Must-ta been an iPhone... you know how craven people can be over them......

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I see a lot of ex-police cars being driven by the general public. Probably purchased at a auction. These cars shouldn't be sold to the public IMHO. There have been numerous times where I would look in my rearview mirror and see a Crown Vic with a pushbar up front behind me, thinking it was a un-marked police car, only to find out moments later it was a ex-cruiser driven by John Q Public. They need to take these cars off the road.
    What's to stop someone from simply adding accessories onto a regular Crown Vic to make it look like a police car? Large radio antennas and roll bars aren't illegal. Should we ban them? Perhaps just ban the entire Crown Vic model from civilian sale and restrict it to Law enforcement sales only?

I don't think banning a type of car will solve this problem, it's just a silly kneejerk reaction.
    Last edited by aj3647; May-14-14 at 07:32 PM.

i bought a police interceptor crown vic once. i even bought those little cop hubcaps for $100. it made people stop tailgating me, put on seatbelts, follow the speed limit.
    up until they saw i wasnt a policeman. then they drove like usual assholes.

so yeah, i think more people should drive former police cars. it keeps some people more honest.
    now if only the damn wheel didnt fall off while i was driving the car...

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    What's to stop someone from simply adding accessories onto a regular Crown Vic to make it look like a police car? Large radio antennas and roll bars aren't illegal. Should we ban them? Perhaps just ban the entire Crown Vic model from civilian sale and restrict it to Law enforcement sales only?

I don't think banning a type of car will solve this problem, it's just a silly kneejerk reaction.
    But impersonating an officer is.

Would suck if you didn't stop because you were't certain your pursuer was actually a cop and somehow that resulted in a fleeing and eluding charge. Pretty sure thats a felony. I would want to sue the dept to cover my lawyer fees trying to fight the charge. If there are fake cops disguising themselves as DPD people have a reasonable excuse for not stopping when they feel something isnt right.

If I was close enough to the suburbs I would drive to the near border and call 911 to get a suburban cop on the scene. If its DPD they will cross the border. If its a carjacker they will peel off.
    Same with a hit & run. Leaving the scene of an accident is a big deal. But look at that Utash guy. Stopping at the scene didn't do him any good. I might drive a few blocks, stop, and call 911

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3