Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
MidTownMs, I shall miss you... do come back for at least a howdy from time to time...

As for Todd's original question... here's how I would invest it...

St. John Hospital is the far east side [[as far east as you can go in Detroit before the Grosse Pointes and Harper Woods) I would invest in some of those duplexes that are all along Moross [[widest boulevard in Detroit)... especially near St. John [[which fronts onto Moross).

Some of those duplex bungalows have sold for $15K or less in the last few years... and they are all still in relatively good condition. I think that these properties along Moross will stay nice, especially since St. John has their main campus here, and has spent nearly 1/4 billion over the last 15 years. So if the street were to look too shabby... St. John may very likely invest in some of these properties, thus making investments of some of these duplexes seem rather safe, especially at such a low price. St. John will NOT want people coming to their main campus to be afraid of the look of the neighborhood [[especially Moross).

However... and this is VERY IMPORTANT... stay to the area between I-94 and Mack [[as close to the hospital as possible). Going north of I-94 is much more risky.

Of course... the houses on the I-94 to Mack stretch of Moross will be more expensive to begin with... even though the duplexes are identical to those north of I-94.

But Moross along it's entire stretch from Kelly Rd. to Mack Ave. has duplexes along most of the roadway.
Gistok, you're on to something here. And I think that Far East side neighborhood by Balduck Park is going to be the next neighborhood to stabilize.

"Group Has Big Plans to Beautify Detroit Heading into Grosse Pointes"

http://www.freep.com/article/2013072...rstone-Village