Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    The trustworthiness of the parties involved is always going to be an issue for me. I am never going to be willing to overlook subterfuge and outright lies. Snyder has a letter from Orr recommending bankruptcy, not some verbal discussion that could have been misinterpreted. As others have pointed out, it isn't Snyder's first time playing with the truth.

I would think a judge will also want to have confidence that what people on both sides present in court is truthfulness to the best of their knowledge.

I would think that detroit citizens also want to have confidence that when Snyder/Orr tell them they will benefit from this [[not just a few anointed neighborhoods) then they will keep their word.

Actually, if you think about it, a bankruptcy occurs because people cannot or will not keep their word - doesn't it? Trustworthiness helps you believe a person when they say it's "I cannot" vs. "I choose not to."
    Yes, absolutely. Trustworthiness is crucial. Its a valid issue.

Politics have intensified. Each and every word is recorded. Look at Romney and 47%. You say something stupid once, and you're toast. Our parties have entire departments dedicated to finding 'lies'. They put together things. Remix videos. They tell their story. The story they want you to hear.

I don't think Bing, Snyder, Obama, Pelosi, Frank, Orr, Clinton, or Bush really lied -- well let me take that back. They all lied. If you want to find lies. Parse their words, and you will find lies. Everyone lies if you seek lies.

Instead try finding truth. Listen to those who speak the truth.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; July-24-13 at 03:33 PM.

Just listened [[on podcast) to Fahle interview w/ Dan Kildee. Good interview. Smart man.

He talked about the effects of failed industrial police, bad/missing landuse policies, globalization, and subsidized sprawl on Detroit as it relates to our bankruptcy.

I, a Republican Libertarian, agree with most of what he said. The country would be well served to deal with the problems on post-industrial rust-belt cities. We need help. The problems of legacy cities won't be solved without a broad solution. We need money. We need expertise. We need changes in laws. He thinks that the problems aren't just the bad behavior of the cities. And he's right.

What make me write is that I think he missed one major point.

Before anyone else is going pitch in, the legacy cities need to heal themselves. Fix their governance. Get future pension costs under control. Stop fighting racial battles. Stop fighting outsiders.

If we do those things, then I think we'll find that help is available.

if we don't open up and deal with our own issues -- which may not be the biggest problem -- we won't get help on the big problems.

Nobody wants to throw good money after bad.

The carpetbaggers are foaming at the mouth. They're spread too thin.

A warning for Australia:

"Demands for better wages and employment conditions by unions should be grounded on solid evidence of improved workplace productivity, and have due consideration to the overall economic environment faced by firms."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-2...etroit/4838358

Cheers

A

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6