Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have an idea of my own: after the filming of "Transformers 4" is completed, we should keep the borrowed Chicago 'L' train here [[and keep it on the flatbed trailer it's on) and roll it up and down Woodward Avenue until the light rail construction begins, then it could be placed on the rails there!

Photo here.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    I have an idea of my own: after the filming of "Transformers 4" is completed, we should keep the borrowed Chicago 'L' train here [[and keep it on the flatbed trailer it's on) and roll it up and down Woodward Avenue until the light rail construction begins, then it could be placed on the rails there!

Photo here.
    Interesting, we could look into that.

DY has done some sweet things before. Many posters probably do not know about "Its Jeff'. It is a memorial rock and bench on Belle Isle.

Things can be done if people mobilize.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    DY has done some sweet things before. Many posters probably do not know about "Its Jeff'. It is a memorial rock and bench on Belle Isle.

Things can be done if people mobilize.
    Great! This can definitely be done.

I was just thinking about basketball courts the other day. If Detroit needs anything for the neighborhoods, it's basketball courts.

Seriously. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Always curious as to why it needs to be downtown. My vote would be adopt a park. Any park, God knows our kids need recreation.

Why not adopt Georgia Street Community Gardens. Amazing things going on there but funds and labor always needed.
    There's also Cass Park, That one was on the list of the 50 that the city will no longer care for, right? That's in an important area and right by a school!

As far as the building renovation plans... Don't forget that there's the tax auction coming up and some cool buildings are on that this time around... like St. Curvy! Some of those would be cool to fix up and save

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnSpeedster View Post
    There's also Cass Park, That one was on the list of the 50 that the city will no longer care for, right? That's in an important area and right by a school!

As far as the building renovation plans... Don't forget that there's the tax auction coming up and some cool buildings are on that this time around... like St. Curvy! Some of those would be cool to fix up and save
    That's a great idea! We could get a building dirt cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by devman1983 View Post
    I was just thinking about basketball courts the other day. If Detroit needs anything for the neighborhoods, it's basketball courts.

Seriously. Think about it.
    We can always do more than one thing. Crowdfunding is more rewarding than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    I'm sure many of you are familiar with Kickstarter and Indiegogo. If not, they are basically online fundraising sites for ideas. I've been thinking, and, why don't we all here at DetroitYES come up with a brilliant development for downtown Detroit [[Build a new building, a new park, I don't know) and all support it, and have it crowdfunded by the rest of the world? Many projects exist today because of crowdfunding. So, who's with me?
    OMG. Gee thank you Mr. Obvious for the really dated information like you discovered something new for this city. It's about as annoying as someone saying on here, "Hey did know that Detroit has a public museum called the Detroit Institute of the Arts??? I'm sure you've heard of it. A city with a museum. Wow, what a novel idea. Hey everybody, why don't we all check it out and support this new institution I discovered. It's got a lot of fine art from famous dead artists like Van Gogh, Rodin, etc. that's been sitting in there for decades that the public can view."

The Robocop thread was already started on here a couple years ago as a public good for this city and was crowd funded through Kickstarter to the tune of $67K. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tue-of-robocop

Yes, most of us know what crowd funding is.

If you've got an idea, make up your mind and set it up through Kickstarter and then start a thread to get it funded. If you don't know how Kickstarter works, contect the Robocop guy. Why would you repeat what most have already been discussing on here for years? If you have a project in mind, just do it. Make it happen instead of sitting on your butt all night on the computer talking about old news.

Crowdfunding is more rewarding than you might think.
    How do you know? Where you ever involved in a crowd funding project??

That's a great idea! We could get a building dirt cheap!
    Then do it if you think it's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I'd love to fix up the boat house on Belle Isle
    rb336 as much as I would love restore the Boat Club, but its a goner! The underpinnings are rotting to the point the costs are to much to attempt the restoration. The last estimate I know of was from the late 1980's and that was 20 million dollars. I do not even want to think what that number is now! I spent over 20 years of my life there and the place is dear to my heart. Also those is in charge are delusional every time I bring up the problems they either try to steer the conversation in a different direction or get very indignant that I dare bring that subject up.

Don't get worked up! Was just making sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    OMG. Gee thank you Mr. Obvious for the really dated information like you discovered something new for this city. It's about as annoying as someone saying on here, "Hey did know that Detroit has a public museum called the Detroit Institute of the Arts??? I'm sure you've heard of it. A city with a museum. Wow, what a novel idea. Hey everybody, why don't we all check it out and support this new institution I discovered. It's got a lot of fine art from famous dead artists like Van Gogh, Rodin, etc. that's been sitting in there for decades that the public can view."

The Robocop thread was already started on here a couple years ago as a public good for this city and was crowd funded through Kickstarter to the tune of $67K. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tue-of-robocop

Yes, most of us know what crowd funding is.

If you've got an idea, make up your mind and set it up through Kickstarter and then start a thread to get it funded. If you don't know how Kickstarter works, contect the Robocop guy. Why would you repeat what most have already been discussing on here for years? If you have a project in mind, just do it. Make it happen instead of sitting on your butt all night on the computer talking about old news.

He's just upset because no one is crowdfunding public toilets in Midtown

I'm going to pass. I'm already "crowdfunding" the development of the City of Detroit by paying both income and resident taxes. Unfortunately, it appears to be a very small crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm going to pass. I'm already "crowdfunding" the development of the City of Detroit by paying both income and resident taxes. Unfortunately, it appears to be a very small crowd.
    lol i'm sorry to hear that

Who's going to pay the annual property taxes on this "crowdsourced" purchased building?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Who's going to pay the annual property taxes on this "crowdsourced" purchased building?
    Hehe, this is just in the beginning stages. We'll figure that out later.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    im out!......
    LOL. Yeah, those are quite far fetched for probably anyone on DetroitYES. We're not all millionaires, you know!

Okay, everyone. I'm working on the project on Kickstarter, and I'm going to need someone's credit card information to post the idea. If you want, send me an email to Jward145@gmail.com , I'll keep your name private. Thanks!

... I'm going to need someone's credit card information to post the idea....
    LOL! Wait. This is a joke, right? Are you posting from Nigeria?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    LOL! Wait. This is a joke, right? Are you posting from Nigeria?
    Ehhh. I'm trying to make this happen, but I have no credit card. Do you think I can use, like, an expired gift card or something?

Okay, everyone. I'm working on the project on Kickstarter, and I'm going to need someone's credit card information to post the idea. If you want, send me an email to Jward145@gmail.com , I'll keep your name private. Thanks!
    You don't need anyone's credit card information. Most convenience stores sell prepaid Visa and Mastercards. You can buy $25, $50, $100, or whatever amount you like. No credit checks required.

Also, most banks offer visa debit cards for opening an account with just $50 that work just as good. If you can't even use your own credit card to post an idea, how do you expect people to have even a molecule of confidence in what you're trying to accomplish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2