Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wolverine, thanks for the report. The Bio-Med Building was built on a parking lot and some open space by the power plant. The 'Pringle' and adjacent building was built on property previously occupied by houses, though I couldn't give you an accurate time frame of what exactly was there and when . I've sold, worked, delivered and attended events in all of those buildings. I'll re-read your post prior to my next walk in that area so I can plan to check out interiors of dorms and take photos.

1Kielson, If you happen to have the camera handy walking around town, I'd be interested in seeing the masonry work going up the side of the tower. I can only get a view from a crappy webcam. It's hard for me to picture the construction progress there from out here in Chicago.

Wolverine, I was there a couple of nights ago. I'll make it a point to return and photo it. Did you ever go to Sava's State Street Cafe? She moved across the street to the space formerly occupied by Zanzibar. I wish her well though I have doubts. Sava, the great hostess she is, has never been able to maintain consistent quality of her foods.

Wolverine, here are a few photos from this past wednesday. I'll post more during the next few days.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; September-18-09 at 09:01 PM.

A few more photos of the North Quad.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; September-25-09 at 01:05 AM.

North Quad again. I'll leave these for a few days and then delete. Download if you'd like to save them. Enjoy.

These are the last of last weeks photos. I have some of the Frieze Building somewhere. If I can find them I'll post them.

Okay, I have one more. This IS the last one.

Cc, the answer is YES!

Did I hear anyone say, 'Cc, what do you think about these pictures?' Nahhhh! Go back to your cutesy, quick, useless, say nothing, ideological posts. You're well on the way to a world record for most posts and least said. What would you know about architecture, engineering and construction besides your delusional ideological take?

1Kielson, thank you for posting those. The State Street side looks really nice The tower should be pretty interesting.

"Do you guys like to watch cars rust as well"

Yes, I do enjoy seeing progress in my former neighborhood.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7