Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I'm not a fan of TMZ Network, but Harvey Levin is a smart guy. He's the lawyer turned jounalist that heads TMZ. He asked a question that really hit the mark. He asked, "If George Zimmerman was black and Trayvon Martin was white and the verdict was the same, would the same people who are now protesting be cheering. He said yes and I agree with him. Thats really sad.
    So, you're saying people who believe a grown man should be held liable criminally for pursuing a minor in the dark who had done nothing to him, had not threatened him at all and then killing that same unarmed, non-threatening minor who would have made his way home to watch the NBA All-Star game were it not for Zimmerman pegging him as a criminal or "punk" and following him in the dark -- would be happy that a black man got away with killing a white male, teenager. I'll speak for myself. No, I wouldn't be happy if ANY teenager died at the hands of a full grown adult man who should have known how to avoid a lethal miscommunication by simply identifying himself as Neighborhood Watch.

While I have no desire to vouch to what an angel young Treyvon was, some things just don't seem to add up.
    I saw the clip of George walking into the police station after the shooting. He did not go to the hospital to receive medical attention after Treyvon "bashed" his head on the concrete dozens of times. He was not holding his "broken" nose. He did not have any blood on the back of his head or jacket.
    Nor did he have any blood on the front of his jacket / shirt. He claims he barely accessed his gun and shot Treyvon while he was being attacked by the 17 yr old. If he shot Treyvon when he was being straddled and "beat up" shouldn't there have been a ton of blood on his chest?
    What am I missing?

Good questions. I'm no expert but it seems after the shot Martin may have immediately fallen off Zimmerman onto the grass rather than falling directly on Zimmerman. As for broken noses I am an expert. When it first happens there is a lot of pain, eyes water so bad you can't see. You are dazed and disoriented, very difficult to stand, sounds are garbled. After 5 minutes or so there is just numbness. Not much they can do for a broken nose. Mine is basically still broken. After I was attacked the EMTs stopped the bleeding and cleaned me up a bit, then pictures were taken. Probably 30 minutes after I was attacked. I looked a lot worse when the blood was flowing. Not sure how long it took for Zimmerman to get to the police station, but I'm sure he was feeling much better by then and had been cleaned up a bit.

And now we have this stalker, this monster, helping people involved in a crash, pulling them out of an overturned SUV. What is with this guy.
    This is such a nonstarter.

Even the most heinous historical figures did some good deeds. Obviously. Don't be so obtuse.

Good questions. I'm no expert but it seems after the shot Martin may have immediately fallen off Zimmerman onto the grass rather than falling directly on Zimmerman. As for broken noses I am an expert. When it first happens there is a lot of pain, eyes water so bad you can't see. You are dazed and disoriented, very difficult to stand, sounds are garbled. After 5 minutes or so there is just numbness. Not much they can do for a broken nose. Mine is basically still broken. After I was attacked the EMTs stopped the bleeding and cleaned me up a bit, then pictures were taken. Probably 30 minutes after I was attacked. I looked a lot worse when the blood was flowing. Not sure how long it took for Zimmerman to get to the police station, but I'm sure he was feeling much better by then and had been cleaned up a bit.
    What makes you an expert on broken noses? Because I've had two and neither were like what you described.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Incomparable how? Both "Victims" are not around to tell their side of the story. So either you take the shooters word or you don't. In both cases the shooters stories were found to be credible.
    Because it's a completely different situation with completely different people and using it to attempt to make a point is dishonest and insulting to anyone with basic intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Because it's a completely different situation with completely different people and using it to attempt to make a point is dishonest and insulting to anyone with basic intelligence.
    Again, please explain, with facts, how you deem the two cases to be different enough to not be compared.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Again, please explain, with facts, how you deem the two cases to be different enough to not be compared.
    Fact: These were different people.
    Fact: This was a different situation.
    Fact: The outcome of this case has no bearing on the Zimmerman/Martin case, nor should it.

Not sure how long it took for Zimmerman to get to the police station, but I'm sure he was feeling much better by then and had been cleaned up a bit.
    Wow, that's an amazingly quick recovery for someone who was allegedly beaten up so horribly that he feared for his life. A few minutes pass, and he's "feeling much better by then." Very interesting.

In other Justice for "insert name here" news:

JUSTICE FOR SARAH COIT
    Raul Barrera pulled several knives from a wooden butcher block early Sunday, cops said. Then, in a fit of rage, he used them to gouge Coit's pretty face. He sliced her across the mouth and jaw, and with such force that one of the tips of the blades broke, authorities said.
    The blow that killed the 23-year-old blond was a stab to the left side of her back, an autopsy revealed. It left "a gaping stab wound to the left side of the torso from which internal organs were protruding," court records show.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_847964.html

The NAACP has yet to comment on this story. No NAACP or Occupy sponsored rallies for the victims have been announced.

JUSTICE FOR AMY & BRYER GIBBINS
    Tulsa police and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation partnered on the arrests of Derek Posey on Tuesday.
    Posey was wanted as a suspect in a double homicide in Calumet, Oklahoma. On June 16th the bodies of Amy Gibbins and her five-year-old son Bryor were found by firefighters after their home burned down in Calumet.
    http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/...-murder/nYWgW/

The NAACP has yet to comment on this story. No NAACP or Occupy sponsored rallies for the victims have been announced.

JUSTICE FOR JOHNATHAN PAUL FOSTER
    The body of Jonathan Paul Foster was found charred almost beyond recognition and abandoned in a northside ditch. He had been missing since Christmas Eve.
    Mona Yvette Nelson, 44, has been charged with capital murder in the case. She was a friend of the roommate of Foster's mother; the roommate had often acted as Jonathan's babysitter.

Police told reporters Nelson had admitted she was the woman seen on surveillance video dumping the charred body into the ditch.
    http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...r_12_bayou.php

Also:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/mona-nelson...ry?id=12508380

What makes you an expert on broken noses? Because I've had two and neither were like what you described.
    Ok...what was it like when your nose was broken?

Default Detroit council calls for federal investigation of possible civil rights charges [[GZ)

http://www.freep.com/article/20130723/NEWS01/307230095/

I don't know if I am giving Joanne Watson too much credit in thinking this deeply, but perhaps this is a message to the Governor. She has argued that the civil rights of Detroiters have been abridged with the appointment of an EM. So is Joanne Watson and the city council merely concerned about that Trevon Martin's possible civil rights violations? Or, is this resolution also a message, in other words, a way to remind people or show similarities in the way in which "civil rights of Detroiters" have also been trampled on. Anyway, I am just besides myself reading about this. Absolutely ridiculous! Let the council worry about the finances and crime within its borders and not in Florida.
    Last edited by Newdetroit; July-24-13 at 08:41 PM.

What are you talking about?

stevenh Guest

I agree. The civil rights of Joseph Orlando and Brenna Machus were violated. Where are the activists to protest their slaughter?? http://www.freep.com/article/2013072...ore-in-Dearbor

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    What are you talking about?
    The OP, City Council, or the article? Because I've read it 3 times, and still don't get what civil rights charges against Zimmerman have to do violence in Detroit. Also this line “How many people were shot — maybe even shot and killed this past weekend in the city — mostly likely by folks who look just like them?” Them meaning the same as the folks shot, or them meaning looking like Zimmerman? Why doesn't he just pull the stats from this past weekend? Oh, because there's no accountability.....
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-24-13 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The OP,
    Posts a link with no content from that link, then starts rambling about 4 or 5 topics that already have multiple threads. I think. I don't really know what this thread is about or why it was started.

Posts a link with no content from that link, then starts rambling about 4 or 5 topics that already have multiple threads. I think. I don't really know what this thread is about or why it was started.
    Meddle,
    1) The link does have content. It is an article.
    2) I am unaware of a thread which discusses the city council passing a resolution regarding the Zimmerman verdict.
    3)It may be difficult to understand the point of the message. I'll try one more time: Civil Rights Violations. Joanne Watson sees everything based on race and is a champion of civil rights. Did this resolution have more meaning behind it? Is Joanne and the council underscoring how civil rights violations are disrespected also here in Detroit. Detroit in her mind is a city where people's voting rights have been taken away [[their civil rights have been infringed) Thus, this resolution may be symbolic.

My point requires some cognitive skill so it may be difficult to understand.

Joanne Watson only sees white on black crime which is pretty small compared to black on black crime which does not exist in her world.

I'm willing to bet that the resolution is only symbolic. The council does many things that are of that nature. The problem that I have with that is they are involving themselves in National and sometimes International issues with have no bearing on there duties or mission. They have appointed themselves as the face and conscience of Detroiters when in reality they are only a local branch of government set up to put a check on the mayor by approving the budget. And they don't even do a good job with what they are set up to do. If you can't do your job you have no right trying to tell someone else how to do theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Newdetroit View Post
    The link does have content. It is an article.

Is Joanne and the council .... Thus, this resolution may be symbolic.
    1. Of which you didn't include any here.

2. It's only 'symbolic' of the brain dead Clowncil who have lost focus of their job and are seeking attention. It has nothing to do with running the city. If this is what they're wasting time on, disband them.

1. Of which you didn't include any here.

2. It's only 'symbolic' of the brain dead Clowncil who have lost focus of their job and are seeking attention. It has nothing to do with running the city. If this is what they're wasting time on, disband them.
    I agree 100%. Ask them what makes them think this way and im sure they will have no answer. Detroit city counsel, still wasting taxpayer money.

Ok...what was it like when your nose was broken?
    Moderate pain, watery eyes, and a rush of adrenaline. None of this: " You are dazed and disoriented, very difficult to stand, sounds are garbled"

Maybe you weren't struck all that hard. As a hockey player I took a lot of shots, the only ones that dropped me were full on hooks to the nose. The fact that Zimmerman was down and Martin was on top of him leads me to believe his symptoms were closer to what I experienced. Or, maybe Zimmerman is just a wimp, which means he's probably not going to be attacking people.

Now we have a juror who states she thinks Zimmerman is guilty but the law would not let her convict him. Wow. This thing just gets wilder by the minute.

Moderate pain, watery eyes, and a rush of adrenaline. None of this: " You are dazed and disoriented, very difficult to stand, sounds are garbled"

I have to admit I've only broken my nose one time, but I do remember the pain immediately afterwards being far worse than "Moderate".
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-25-13 at 11:04 PM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast