Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

So not paying income taxes and forcing the tax to place a lien against is just a pass? This woman has power and it appears she has no interest in paying state income taxes.
    No. you seem to be saying is 1700 is the total amount of tax she owed in the tax year. I'm guessing 1700 is less than 10% of what she owed that year. Thus she is 90+ % compliant. That, to a casual observer and not one with an axe to grind, indicates mistake or dispute, not tax evasion.
    Once again,.. of all the qualified people to be chief of staff this is best you could find???
    Maybe. you seem to have no idea or have done no investigation into her work history or qualifications..
    .and she happens to be a relative of Kwame??
    So? at best a distant one as no one seems to have heard of her. If this were Ayana...ok.
    How many times do the people of Detroit and Michigan have to be swindled?
    I don't know. what evidence is there she is a swindler?
    How many times do we just keep looking the other way for "small infractions"?
    I would hope when the infraction is irrelevant to one's job performance. Again, you've stated no evidence that anything remotely criminal has happened...merely that a tax lien is present.
    Why do you think Detroit looks the way it does today?
    I tell you what I don't think is the cause: someone generally and consistently paying their taxes but having some sort of issue over a small portion of one bill.
    Small problems turn into huge ones fast..
    and small issues get ginned into big ones for no other reason than someone's agenda.
    Its better to find good people rather than fill positions based on family ties.
    and again, where is your evidence she got it based on family ties and not competence at her job? none thus far.
    Last edited by bailey; July-15-13 at 02:50 PM.

stevenh Guest

Refusing to pay income taxes is not a small issue. If people here in Detroit/Michigan want their public servants to do as they please then that's what we have today. Public servants are to be held to a higher standard than does the average citizen. I along with others do not feel a relative of Kwame Kilpatrick helps this postion get stronger. Kevyn Orr to this day has failed to provide documentation showing Shani Penn has paid in full this tax lein. Shani Penn is making $90k a year now but still refuses to pay this tax lien. Where is Shani Penn's salary going then? Perhaps to pay other peoples expenses? The public demands answers.

1st she is NOT KMK's Cousin. Next she is NOT an elected official. Next Orr doesn't have to listen to nobody but Snyder. Quit Bitching and moaning like kids about HER bills. If she pay em cool if not so Fk'n what. The only reason yall even care is cause Kwame name was brought into it. SMH Kwame is trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by stevenh View Post
    Refusing to pay income taxes is not a small issue.
    Sure, but she did pay her taxes. She apparently has an issue with SMALL PORTION of the taxes owed for 2010. If you are claiming to be a reporter or journalist and not a muckracking activist, you'd note that.
    The public demands answers.
    No. they aren't.

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Sure, but she did pay her taxes. She apparently has an issue with SMALL PORTION of the taxes owed for 2010. If you are claiming to be a reporter or journalist and not a muckracking activist, you'd note that. No. they aren't.
    Ah yes.. the little people only pay their taxes. That state tax lien means nothing.....

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    1st she is NOT KMK's Cousin. Next she is NOT an elected official. Next Orr doesn't have to listen to nobody but Snyder. Quit Bitching and moaning like kids about HER bills. If she pay em cool if not so Fk'n what. The only reason yall even care is cause Kwame name was brought into it. SMH Kwame is trayvon
    I never said she was an elected official. Shani Penn is a PUBLIC SERVANT. And I still stand by my source she is a cousin to Kwame Kilpatrick. The question still is there, Why does Shani Penn think she is above the rest of us and not pay her FULL state income tax?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3