Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I found out what was going on with the tax lien. She did have a lien that she didn't take care of. Her office maintains she paid the lien three months ago, despite records indicating otherwise. Either way, she is the second person in the office who had been hit with tax liens.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2013/0...with-tax-lien/

Quote Originally Posted by neavling View Post
    I found out what was going on with the tax lien. She did have a lien that she didn't take care of. Her office maintains she paid the lien three months ago, despite records indicating otherwise. Either way, she is the second person in the office who had been hit with tax liens.

got to be pretty desperate to flog an agenda to be this upset over a disputed $1700.00 .

Disputed? There doesn't seem to be any dispute over whether there was a tax lien or not. People get into circumstances that may explain why she had one but the facts are that the state had to file one against her property. To the average resident, it looks again like one set of rules for them and a different standard for those at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenh View Post
    Wrong, I was a supporter of EFM Kevyn Orr. Detroit needs action, not more of the same corrupt/dishonest leadership. Anyone that is dishonest needs to go.
    I totally agree with you, and quite frankly, was happy to see Mr. Orr. However, as hard to swallow as this appointment is, you really don't have any evidence she's corrupt, or, that there was some kind of conspiracy between her and Mr. Orr for her appointment. It's irritating, I agree, but I would do the benefit of a doubt thing, and see how it pans out.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-12-13 at 12:42 PM.

Michigan is tired of public servants who are dishonest.
    Maybe what's happening here is that, for decades, the best that could be found in Detroit came with some dirt on their underbelly. Like attracts like, and it was only corrupt power-grabbers that aspired to work alongside other corrupt power-grabbers.

I think this year's election is the first time we've seen a handful of honest and upright candidates join the fray -- at least, from the Council's perspective -- and have a decent chance of winning. When folks like Vince Keenan et. al. are making efforts to be present in the decision-making process, that suggests a shift change in mentality around keeping politics objective and clean is occurring.

Now, as for the mayoral race....

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by neavling View Post

When will Shani Penn or Kevyn Orr produce a "paid receipt" for this tax lien?

How do these things keep on happening in Detroit? If there is any question of a person's integrity I would think that Orr would choose someone else instead of putting a "friend or family" in some high position on his team.
    Detroit has been raped and pillaged by the thug KK family and friends for too long and I would think Snyder should be keeping an eagle eye on his appointee and let him know that this is not acceptable. Neither is Gary Brown's appointment acceptable and neither is Craig's appointment acceptable...not at the rates they are being paid.
    Somehow, I don't think Detroit will ever learn and somehow I don't think Detroiters will elect the right person for the job of mayor...AGAIN!

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    got to be pretty desperate to flog an agenda to be this upset over a disputed $1700.00 .
    You think $1700 is change? You must be related to the Kilpatrick clan....

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I know Shani Penn made a run for a City Council seat in '09, but I do not know she is a Kilpatrick relative.

how is Shani Penn a cousin of Kwame Kilpatrick? Who married whom? Is it a blood relation or through marriage? She had been James Tate's Chief of Staff before Orr took over, so she must have impressed someone with her policy work along the way.

besides wagging our fingers and screaming "Kilpatricks in the woodpile!" What is this really all about?
    Gnome, Malika Penn, younger sister of Shani Penn told me years ago she is a blood cousin to Kwame Kilpatrick. Malika told me Kwame's mom is her "auntie." Malika told me this at her house then at: 4340 Sturtevant in Detroit... Being related to the Kilpatrick clan is good enough to get a good job/promotion in public service in Detroit. Having qualified skills doesnt matter. Due dilgence is out the door when you are ordered to hire a Kilpatrick relative. Kevyn Orr is simply a puppet with the Gov turning a blind eye to yet another round of Kilpatrick dealings in the making.....
    Last edited by stevenh; July-12-13 at 01:41 PM.

Well he [[orr) appears to have pissed a few people off....just saw a crowd of about 300 people assemble at heart plaza and then just march into the city county building....

"If there is any question of a person's integrity I would think that Orr would choose someone else instead of putting a "friend or family" in some high position on his team. "

Orr hooked his old employer up to what's left of the D-Town Trough; hired a Council person who was part of failed government and with no relevant credentials. Why should there be any surprise about this??

The big thing I took away from that http://motorcitymuckraker.com/ website was State Treasurer Andy Dillion going through a nasty divorce and has failed child support, and drank himself into rehab. Folks around him claim that he's a bloody mess -- while involved with the EM situation and the State's cash. Dillion needs to resign, now!
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; July-12-13 at 02:49 PM.

Gnome, Malika Penn, younger sister of Shani Penn told me years ago she is a blood cousin to Kwame Kilpatrick. Malika told me Kwame's mom is her "auntie." Malika told me this at her house then at: 4340 Sturtevant in Detroit... Being related to the Kilpatrick clan is good enough to get a good job/promotion in public service in Detroit. Having qualified skills doesnt matter. Due dilgence is out the door when you are ordered to hire a Kilpatrick relative. Kevyn Orr is simply a puppet with the Gov turning a blind eye to yet another round of Kilpatrick dealings in the making.....
    This is sounding really personal, like some sort of vendetta. I started getting concerned when you named the mother, father and younger sister. I am dismayed that you have now listed their address, especially if any of her family still lives there.

Her keeping this appointment should be contingent upon her clearing up that lien. Unless there is any evidence of incompetence or corruption, she should then be left alone.

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    This is sounding really personal, like some sort of vendetta. I started getting concerned when you named the mother, father and younger sister. I am dismayed that you have now listed their address, especially if any of her family still lives there.

Her keeping this appointment should be contingent upon her clearing up that lien. Unless there is any evidence of incompetence or corruption, she should then be left alone.
    Well the facts are laid out. Addresses are public information based on Macomb and Wayne county register of deeds. A tax lien is public information. The tax lien against Shani Penn has not been satisified contrary to Kevyn Orr's statement. Nothing personal here. Just tired of the same ole crap being reissued as new faces. Better to nip problems early rather than fester for 40 years.

As I do not Malika Penn I cannot judge the veracity of your reportage. To me you sound like a rejected stalker or ex-lover who is out for revenge.

If you want to prove your contention, then show which Cheeks daughter married Daddy Penn. Until then, double-check your righteous indignation.

This is so funny.

If a Detroit City Councilperson had a tax lein you'd be calling for their heads.

One of Kevyn Orr's cronies has one and you're all like, "Wait, we need to find out the facts first, innocent until proven guilty and all.."

The double standards are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Toka313 View Post
    This is so funny.

If a Detroit City Councilperson had a tax lein you'd be calling for their heads.

One of Kevyn Orr's cronies has one and you're all like, "Wait, we need to find out the facts first, innocent until proven guilty and all.."

The double standards are hilarious.
    City Council members just file bankruptcy and walk away from their debt.

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    As I do not Malika Penn I cannot judge the veracity of your reportage. To me you sound like a rejected stalker or ex-lover who is out for revenge. If you want to prove your contention, then show which Cheeks daughter married Daddy Penn. Until then, double-check your righteous indignation.
    As I stated before, Malika Penn told me herself that she is Kwame's cousin by blood on her mothers side. She told me this years ago during Kwame's first term as mayor. I am sorry I failed to ask Malika at the time who slept with whom. Funny how the Kilpatrick clan now is in full denial mode. No relatives here....No tax lien there.... o wait.. she paid it 3 months ago but we lost the receipt... But hey .. this is Detroit.. it's works here.

When the Kilpatrick Clan was popular a lot of folks wanted to be near them, praised them, heralded their connections.

now, not-so-much.

having a sidewalk conversation with someone who claims they are related to a powerful family is not proof of a blood relationship. I am not asking for DNA testing, just who is who.

If they where close, I am sure the surname Penn would be all over the political contributions web-sites.

the mainstream press needs to blow this up ASAP and she needs to cut a check or get fired, same as Pugh..

She is Not KMK's cousin

You think $1700 is change? You must be related to the Kilpatrick clan....
    I don't think it's "change" I think it's a portion of one tax bill. It's not like a city councilwoman paying $68 bucks a year in property taxes on her home, it's not like another walking away from his house, and it's not like another who did the same with his condo.

I think someone with an agenda is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    She is Not KMK's cousin
    Well, is she or isn't she?
    Last edited by bailey; July-15-13 at 12:44 PM.

stevenh Guest

I don't think it's "change" I think it's a portion of one tax bill. It's not like a city councilwoman paying $68 bucks a year in property taxes on her home, it's not like another walking away from his house, and it's not like another who did the same with his condo.

I think someone with an agenda is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Well, is she or isn't she?
    Being a public servant and having a tax lien levied against you is no mole hill. I stand by my source. Shani Penn is a blood cousin to Kwame Kilpatrick.

Being a public servant and having a tax lien levied against you is no mole hill.
    i disagree. Multiple? a pattern of nonpayment..sure. Part of one tax bill? no. the mere PRESENCE of a lien is not indicative of corruption. sloppiness? ok. playing some games to put off paying in full? ok. Per se evidence of corruption? no.

I stand by my source. Shani Penn is a blood cousin to Kwame Kilpatrick.
    so, because she might be distantly related to KMK,she should never be allowed to ever work in the public realm in any capacity for anyone. ever?

I'm not in anyway a kilpatrick apologist, I just think this sounds a bit desperate. I mean what's next? she bounced a check once?
    Last edited by bailey; July-15-13 at 02:08 PM.

stevenh Guest

i disagree. Multiple? a pattern of nonpayment..sure. Part of one tax bill? no. the mere PRESENCE of a lien is not indicative of corruption. sloppiness? ok. playing some games to put off paying in full? ok. Per se evidence of corruption? no.

so, because she might be distantly related to KMK,she should never be allowed to ever work in the public realm in any capacity for anyone. ever?

I'm not in anyway a kilpatrick apologist, I just think this sounds a bit desperate. I mean what's next? she bounced a check once?
    So not paying income taxes and forcing the tax to place a lien against is just a pass? This woman has power and it appears she has no interest in paying state income taxes. Once again,.. of all the qualified people to be chief of staff this is best you could find??? and she happens to be a relative of Kwame?? How many times do the people of Detroit and Michigan have to be swindled? How many times do we just keep looking the other way for "small infractions"? Why do you think Detroit looks the way it does today? Small problems turn into huge ones fast.. Its better to find good people rather than fill postions based on family ties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast