Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Interns are what they are, presumably short term employees.

They will be replaced by other 'presumably short term employees', but that isn't the point.

The turnover doesn't matter.

It is having a couple thousand young 'warm bodies' [[have to be careful how I phrase it) there that matters.

I think the point is that young college students can enliven an area.
    Pretty much.
    This will certainly be an instant + consistent boost to vendors, restaurants and bars downtown. Which is nothing to sneeze at.

The interns would probably enliven the area more if they were paid [[or paid more than a token amount) and didn't have to pay their colleges to work for little to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    The interns would probably enliven the area more if they were paid [[or paid more than a token amount) and didn't have to pay their colleges to work for little to nothing.
    I bet those interns are making $12 hour and above.