Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    Kenyatta was actuallu ill and didn't go radio silent for weeks without telling anyone where he was.
    Wait..what? isnt radio silent EXACTLY what kenaytta did?

After months away from the City Council table, member Kwame Kenyatta is expected to formally quit his post on Friday.

Kenyatta didn’t give a specific reason to WWJ-AM [[950), which first reported the decision Wednesday, but he says the council is virtually powerless now that Detroit is being run by an emergency manager.
    The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2XJv708gv
    I guess if there wasnt an EM...kenyatta would still be on medical leave and collecting that paycheck?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post

I guess if there wasnt an EM...kenyatta would still be on medical leave and collecting that paycheck?

As others pointed out, his illness was documented. Here we have councilmembers asking where Pugh is. Nobody had heard from him after missing two meetings. This is just BS.

Now at some point, yes Kenyatta neded to step down once it was clear he couldnt continue.

Glad the EM is here to inject common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post

I'm not defending anyone with the comment below. I'm just providing facts where I know them to be true. I'm not familiar enough to speak on the validity of Kenyatta's medical condition, however, I know he did not go "radio silent".

I watched Council meetings [[when they were still being broadcast) where members referenced receiving memos from him regarding him going on extended leave; members discussed speaking with him personally about issues being deliberated at the table and sharing his view on his behalf; members referenced Kenyatta saying he watched [[broadcasted or streamed) meetings; memos to departments were still submitted from him regarding matters under the Council's consideration, etc.

Kenyatta remained in contact & informed his colleagues of his absence. According to the media, that does not seem to be the case with Council President Pugh. Gary Brown [[in a question & answer video posted on the Freep website) said Pugh missed TWO consecutive formal sessions [[where they actually vote to officially approve items under consideration) without explanation. Brown said he had not heard from Pugh until receiving the note from his staff AFTER yesterday's formal session. Considering Brown is still President Pro Tem [[until his resignation is official Friday), that is highly inappropriate & unusual if true.

I'm not sure what's going on there but I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

Here comes the replacements!