Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    The more I hear about this, the more it sounds like the parents are just money hungry and making this stuff up. All I hear is Pugh gave the kid money and that is it. Nothing illegal about that. No where did they call the police and file a criminal complaint either. They went straight to a lawyer to sue.

I'm not a fan of Pugh nor am I condoning his alleged actions with this student, but what law would be have been breaking if something actually did occur? If the student was 18 years of age then he's old enough to consent even if Pugh was considered an instructor at the school. I see why many would consider it questionable morally, but what would be the basis for criminal charges or a civil suit against him?

Michigan’s age of consent is 16. Under state law, however, it is a third-degree felony for school volunteers to engage in sexual penetration with a student under 18 if the volunteer status was used to gain access to, or to establish a relationship with, the other person.

No real answers about anything concerning the matter of the young boy. He may have been 17 for some of the gifts. Detroit media today , the freep, has an interesting article concerning Pugh. Trying to give another side. It would be a shame if the mentoring program is stopped because of this supposed incident. Because of Pugh's bad publicity from car accidents and cover ups, people will automatically believe the worst. Is the family of the boy looking for a payday?

Pugh sighted at a Seattle Starbucks. Speculators say he's there for Seattle PrideFest.
    Last edited by MidTownMs; June-29-13 at 08:07 AM.

Not a Pugh supporter at ALL but if that's the worst of the so-called 'salacious" text messages then they need to sit down somewhere. They hinted at salacious and seductive, and this is what they release? I for one do kinda understand the mother's "fear" of going to the police, somewhat. I know many people in Detroit who agree that they wouldn't go to the police against someone else in any type of power because they're afraid of what could happen - or wouldn't happen. So I do kinda get that. It wouldn't be a fear of mine, but I can understand those in Detroit who do feel that way.

However, Pugh's behavior and reaction to the whole thing is most disturbing because to me it really proves that he is unfit for City Council and always has been. He's an immature diva with no control over his emotions, and he somehow made President of the council. In that video clip of him being asked about the rumors against him, he laughs nervously and walks away, very reminiscent of Bob Bashara being asked about his wife's murder. That's not the expected reaction of an innocent man, he should have been just a tad bit insulted by the accusation and ready to defend himself. This is a man with media training but he has no idea how to conduct himself.

Then he not just quits his job but allows himself to be kicked out of his job? How is he supporting himself? Why go down in flames and throw away your career? Had he played his cards right, he could have ended up in another great position but now he's ruined in this area and he did it to himself. He should know to get in front of the story and defend himself and he could have continued on with his job until it ended as planned.

I also don't like how he threatened to end the whole program and not go to graduation or do anything for the other kids who were apparently counting on him. He just seems really unstable and I question his ability to even work with kids at all. He should have never been allowed in city government OR mentoring because clearly he has some deep-seated issues himself. I don't know what he is capable of teaching other young men. I was reading about the gifts he typically gives to his students, LV briefcases, expensive shades? How is this helping them? Teaching them to be materialistic and shallow like him?
    Last edited by Detwa; June-29-13 at 08:25 AM.

^^^ Awesome comments, especially last paragraph related to his working with the kids in general. I hope the mentoring program remains withstanding all of this.

If you yourself are petulant, unstable and easily offended, working with teens ain't for you!! Volunteer or otherwise. Teens themselves can be petulant, moody and needy on many levels. Certainly, it's not their 'responsibility' in a mentoring context to help you work out YOUR stuff!

You're there for them to provide a consistent, uplifting, respectful and positive roll model, umm the 'mentoring'.

And yes, many teens are already bombarded by and have a tendency to be distracted, over-engaged and drawn out by 'hyper-materialism'.

A materialism which practically speaking is usually out their reach. Making it even more coveted out of balance -- you don't promote that.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-29-13 at 09:08 AM.

Pugh has had questionable antics before. He can't control his personal life so it seems. The city credit card scandal with his account, trying to blame an assistant. That scandal went away, never heard the outcome. Maybe he paid it back. He was nervous when confronted on that issue. He acts like a lying loon when questioned on these matters. I hope he gets his act together and does not get in these situations anymore. The text message revealed did not seem all that bad. Have to see if the family has more evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Pugh sighted at a Seattle Starbucks. Speculators say he's there for Seattle PrideFest.

The one at First and Pike, right by the Pike Place Market. I don't know if it shows lack of taste, but in a city full of unique coffee shops, he's seen in a Starbucks. Can you guys take him back? Myself excluded [[of course) we have enough no nothing politicians out here all ready.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    The one at First and Pike, right by the Pike Place Market. I don't know if it shows lack of taste, but in a city full of unique coffee shops, he's seen in a Starbucks. Can you guys take him back? Myself excluded [[of course) we have enough no nothing politicians out here all ready.
    Yeah, seriously. For a guy that's looking to stay out of the limelight, I don't know if the most heavily-visited coffee shop in the entire city is a good place to do so.

Maybe a better suggestion would have been Mighty O Donuts.

Or Top Pot.

http://www.toppotdoughnuts.com/index.html

It would be interesting to see if he's saying at The Inn At The Market across the street at $280 a night. Makes the 50 bucks a meeting I get look a little thin.....

Attorneys for the woman who accuses former Charles Pugh of having an inappropriate relationship with her son say a criminal complaint has been filed against the former Detroit City Council President.

A news release says the complaint was filed Saturday at the Madison Heights Police Department. No details about the complaint have been released. Police have not commented.
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...t-charles-pugh

That Red Roof Inn on Dequindre in Madison Hgts is a notorious hot bed of crap. Remember Kwame and Chrissy? I am whistling in the dark here. Just sayin...

The article says "EX" Detroit City Council President. I haven't been following closely, but did he quit the Council, quit being Council President, or what's going on? I read Orr cut off his salary, but I also read Orr couldn't fire him.

Pugh is no longer council president. Orr cannot fire him, but can strip away his title as president and his salary which he has done. Pugh retains his status as a council member however.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitIrishK View Post
    Pugh is no longer council president. Orr cannot fire him, but can strip away his title as president and his salary which he has done. Pugh retains his status as a council member however.
    Thanx. I get more information here then from the papers.

When they ran a clip of Pugh's city vehicle being returned, I only caught it out of the corner of my eye, but wasn't it a Mercedes? Bad enough that the council get cars, but if they give them one, why not a Focus, Sonic, etc. etc.? Frankly, I think they should have squat where that is concerned

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    When they ran a clip of Pugh's city vehicle being returned, I only caught it out of the corner of my eye, but wasn't it a Mercedes? Bad enough that the council get cars, but if they give them one, why not a Focus, Sonic, etc. etc.? Frankly, I think they should have squat where that is concerned
    I'm almost sure it wasn't a Mercedes. The city doesn't roll like that. It could have been a Crown Vic or something along those lines. And I agree, they should use their own cars and get mileage or use a pool car.
    Last edited by firstandten; June-30-13 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    From Thursday Freep's Kevyn Orr strips absent Charles Pugh of city salary, powers; his car turns up at City Hall:
    The only tangible sign of Pugh at city hall today came when a staff member drove up in Pugh’s city-issued black Ford Crown Victoria with dark tinted windows and parked it in Pugh’s space without comment. The staffer declined to name herself or say whether it was Pugh’s car, but city officials confirmed that the vehicle was Pugh’s. It wasn’t clear if Pugh was turning in the car permanently, and Nowling said Pugh had not contacted Orr by 5 p.m. today about his intentions to stay in office or resign.

So far, thank goodness, the CofD only uses American cars. [[Please don't get on me about where they were built people).

It's funny reading some of these. How can some of you defend this guy. These allegations came up and he's been AWOL ever since. If he didn't do anything wrong then why go into hiding.

Per what's stated in the text messages he was trying to negotiate with the parents. What a mess...

Councilman asks teen's mom to stop TV interview

Fox 2 obtains texts Pugh allegedly sent to teen's mother

Last edited by Zacha341; July-04-13 at 08:54 AM.

Wow. Great ship Orr is running. I guess he's really regretting that deal he and DB Dillon made with Council to shut up and do what they said and they would be able to keep their jobs and perks.

Ooooops.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    It's funny reading some of these. How can some of you defend this guy. These allegations came up and he's been AWOL ever since. If he didn't do anything wrong then why go into hiding.
    I couldn't agree more - hire an attorney and come out fighting. Running off to Seattle and letting this matter fester sure isn't doing him any good at all. This story has legs, it's not going away.

Hey Pugh, how's that 'restoring dignity to the City Council' thing coming along?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast