Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Mrs. I always called the shots. Her financial acumen has more to do with the success of the pizza empire than anything Mikey has done.
    That is a good point.

The Ilitch operation will not end when Mr. Ilitch dies.
    Perhaps, not, but it will certainly not be the same.

Mrs. I was very conservative with the finances. When the CoPa was coming together, Ilitch was having a hard time getting a mortgage. Mrs. I didn't want him to use the family's emprire as collateral, but local banks weren't comfortable with the amount of the mortgage either. He ended up getting a consortium of banks led by the Japanese to give him the mortgage, but only after the County allowed him to use the proceeds of the [[County-owned) parking structure as collateral.

As for what happened post Mr. & Mrs. I, the kids have not always gotten along when it came to the family biz. Remember the showdown years ago between the girls [[Mrs. I and daughter Denise) and the boys [[Mr. I and Christopher)? It could be smooth sailing, or it could be a train wreck. Nobody knows.

I want to know what's going to happen to the buildings on the north side of Temple -- the Alhambra apartment building and the 1880s-1890s Romanesque-style houses. Those are all worth saving and rehabbing to residential/commercial.

"Not the Cole! You monster!"

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "You are certainly entitled to your view, but I bet there are hundreds of thousands who vehemently disagree with you."

I'm sure there are thousands of suburbanites who are quite happy to have Detroit take on a few hundred million in new debt to subsidize a billionaire's hockey team.
    No, this is "good" debt.

The Red Wings are one of the only 5 thing worth the investment in Detroit for most suburbanites [[the others being the Fireworks, PArade, Lions and Tigers).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4