Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dear SMRJim,

I will only mention the good name of "Lois" Lark - sister of the aforementioned Lark brothers. Lois was a Rustic for a short time, perhaps only her senior year, before graduating from my class of 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRJim View Post
    I knew your brother back in the day, though he wasn't in my class. Gotta be the same Andy McCauley - pretty sure he would have gone to MOS. He hung out with Ed Lark. He used to ask us to punch him in the stomach as hard as we could to show how strong his stomach was - had those 'abs of steel' back then.
    didn't he know that's how Houdini died? http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2011...t-garrick.html

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    This old parochial school was on Greenfield just south of Schoolcraft on the NW side of Detroit. It had a nice run from 1951 to 1973.
    The school building and church building still exist.
    There is an all class reunion for Aug 15th for old students. If anyone is still out there who knows someone from that school, let them know ok?
    The principal Mother Marius is 84 and will be there.
    The reunion will be in Livonia.
    Indeed I know that building. I did film project there in 2011. The Mother of Our Savior Catholic Church Building is on Greenfield Rd. and Tyler St. just south of Schoolcraft Rd. From 1968 to 1973 its classrooms used be part of John Tenney Program. It was a school for students with Autism. They used a classroom on the northeast corner next to the exit and the basement for the experience room and lunchroom.

After Our Mother of Our Savior move on. The Rev. Marvin Winans, family and its congregation start a church called Perfecting Ministries. It ran into 1990 when they move to a bigger church on Van Dyke Rd and Nevada St. Now a new congregation called Dumanis Outreach Center.

Reunion went well. Had over $1000 to donate to IHM nuns afterwards
    We invited some Queen Of Hope people too.

daddeeo, I have every last photo inside and out of Our Mother of Our Savior Church and School.

Probably you meant DUNAMIS Outreach Ministries, from the Greek for "power"
    or "miracle", related to English "dynamo" or "dynamic".

[[PS Danny, I owe you one for "Calcalupo" so please forgive any hint of snobbery
    on my part for this correction!)
    Last edited by Dumpling; September-06-14 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Probably you meant DUNAMIS Outreach Ministries, from the Greek for "power"
    or "miracle", related to English "dynamo" or "dynamic".

[[PS Danny, I owe you one for "Calcalupo" so please forgive any hint of snobbery
    on my part for this correction!)
    Danny, I'd love to see any photos you have of MOS. I have some from 2009.
    You can email at paulmcall@comcast.net so we can talk ok?

Brother Andy is still going strong. He's doing construction.

Danny, I'd love to see any photos you have of MOS. I have some from 2009.
    You can email at paulmcall@comcast.net so we can talk ok?

The photos of Our Mother of our Savior is one of my video projects. In order to release it for you, I have to get special permission from Wayne County RESA, and Garden City Public Schools. They used held their program for children with Autism as the John Tenney Program. In those photos were interviews from Special Education Teachers who where in one of those classrooms and the basement. Mr. and Mrs. Bob and Illene Daly was one of founders of the program when they choose that school and its classrooms from 1968 to 1973. Their son Robert P. Daly has Autism. I met them many years ago. They used to lived just 2 miles west from my old Detroit ghetto hood. If I retrieve the photos, you will only get fewer dissected pieces and not the teachers that I have interviewed, stay tuned.

NOTE: If you can find The Daly Family or the people who work at your former congregation with them, there is better chance you can get the photos from them.
    Last edited by Danny; September-07-14 at 05:15 AM.

I am only interested in still photos of the old school, church or area around it.
    Thanks for the information.

Looking for any old photos of Grand River-Greenfield area of Detroit.
    Message me or email me if you have any ok?

Anyone have a photo of the Cregar's Pickwick House or the actual address?
    I know it was at Outer Drive and Grand River.

Looking for any old photos of Grand River-Greenfield area of Detroit.
    Message me or email me if you have any ok?

Default Pic on FB

Anyone have a photo of the Cregar's Pickwick House or the actual address?
    I know it was at Outer Drive and Grand River.
    Joe, I think I've seen pics of Cregars on the FB Rosedale Park page, though it may be that it was only ads with a drawing of it or something along those lines. I'm guessing you may already know about that page, but just in case you don't.

I've seen the photo but still don't have old address for it.
    Went by MOS two days ago. Drive way is half covered by bushes.
    Neighbor's neglect is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRJim View Post
    Joe, I think I've seen pics of Cregars on the FB Rosedale Park page, though it may be that it was only ads with a drawing of it or something along those lines. I'm guessing you may already know about that page, but just in case you don't.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Courtney Vance [[Law & Order- Criminal Intent) was probably the
    most famous ex-student from MOS. He was there in the early 70's.

Default Courtney Vance

Courtney Vance [[Law & Order- Criminal Intent) was probably the
    most famous ex-student from MOS. He was there in the early 70's.
    Not sure if he went to MOS. He was my classmate at St Marys in 7th and 8th grade, played CYO basketball with him for a very short time in 7th grade [[he hurt his knee). He and Angela Bassett co-wrote a duo-autobiography [[not quite sure what to call it) a while back. I read through his description of his early days in Detroit. He mentioned his time at SMR but I don't remember him mentioning MOS.

Still looking for old neighbors, classmates and photos of the old neighborhood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2