I prefer that Orr continue to put residents before bondholders and pensioners.

i'm happy that an EM is inplace, but I just can't want to come in ahead of pensioners.

I read that most City pensioners get less than $1000 per month. Now they will have to give up average of $150 and pay for their health care.

What will retired police and firefighters do - they did not pay into Social Security because not allowed to.

They never made big salaries and now will suffer mightily.

I like services, too, but I do not think residents [[who after all are just passing through in a manner of speaking) should come ahead of pensioners who don't have a way to now make money in their senior years.

See the story about Peter Holden below. He will get Medicare and so will have something, but his small pension cut by 20% so I can have “services??”
From the Free Press:
If you had to nominate a candidate to serve as the face of a possible City of Detroit bankruptcy, that person might be Peter Holden.
Now 87, Holden, a native of the city, worked as a young man in the auto plants but switched to a City of Detroit job to avoid the layoffs in autos. He became a service worker in the city’s public housing department, helping to keep the heat on and the water flowing in public housing for 38 years.
Now long retired, Holden cares for his elderly wife, Olivette, who, like him, is not in the best of health. They live in the same home they’ve owned for more than 40 years, with Peter serving as a block captain for his street in northwest Detroit, near Tireman and Joy.
“I’ve always been a law-abiding citizen, paid my taxes on time, trying to keep my neighborhood together as best I can,” Holden, his voice slowed by age, said last week. “We’re just totally dependent on health insurance and our pension.” Without that pension paid by the City of Detroit for his decades of service, “I simply don’t know where I would go.”