Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
I have just learned from the Michigan Handball Association that the handball courts, which have been shut off since last Thursday, will now continue to be shut off until June 11 - 13 freaking days because of gear heads and metal heads. 13 days for for-profit ventures. Who needs to sell Belle Isle? It's SOLD.
It was, a long time ago, by Yall's Boy, KKK. After he ate the deer & fish. I'm watching this scenario unfold. So far this year, you haven't really had use of the Western tip of the island, [[you know, where all the restrooms are?) since last week of February/first week of March. Now access is going to be delayed even longer due to the Metal Licka' Noise Fest. Next year, let's see if they schedule a few more "events" after the Grand Prix. In a few years, someone will post the question "When did the GP barricades start staying up 24/7 and car access cut off from the island?" or "Was there EVER access to the West tip of the island?" I'm starting to wonder who's REALLY opposing the DNR running Belle Isle?