Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by chief1356 View Post
    Why would you trust politicians or bureaucrats anymore than a businessman? Are they more honest in dealing with the citizens than businessmen? Witness the IRS scandal,were those bureaucrats caring of the citizens they were dealing with?
    The politicians,in wanting to install red light cameras, are motivated by the same thing as a businessman, money. No one would believe that they will only install them at a few locations. When the revenue drops at those sites they will to put more cameras up or they will shorten yellow time but I would bet they would do BOTH.
    Correct, once they taste the crack, there's no going back.

Quote Originally Posted by chief1356 View Post
    Why would you trust politicians or bureaucrats anymore than a businessman? Are they more honest in dealing with the citizens than businessmen? Witness the IRS scandal,were those bureaucrats caring of the citizens they were dealing with?
    The politicians,in wanting to install red light cameras, are motivated by the same thing as a businessman, money. No one would believe that they will only install them at a few locations. When the revenue drops at those sites they will to put more cameras up or they will shorten yellow time but I would bet they would do BOTH.
    True, but the difference is with politicians in the end they are accountable to thier constituents , they may get away with it for a time but in the end if enough stand up and cry foul something changes , not so much in the private sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    True, but the difference is with politicians in the end they are accountable to thier constituents , they may get away with it for a time but in the end if enough stand up and cry foul something changes , not so much in the private sector.
    Also agreed. The only accountability a private company will have is to its shareholders. They don't care what type of abuse is happening with the cameras, as long as the money is still coming in.

I'll pass on this. If the police want to ticket people that blow lights, then they need to be present. I'm tired of all of the invasion of our privacy. There are cameras everywhere and it needs to stop.

These things are all over the place in Chicago and many of the suburbs. I hate waiting at red lights here because they take forever to turn green again, the green arrow that you have on left turns is done before the light for thru traffic goes thru and while the light is green for thru traffic the turn arrow is a solid red. Whoever did the engineering of these traffic lights was on drugs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2