Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    All of the European automakers have their American HQs on the East Coast...
    Yes, but not all European automakers have a HUGE controlling stake in one of the big 3 American automakers!

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnSpeedster View Post
    Yes, but not all European automakers have a HUGE controlling stake in one of the big 3 American automakers!
    That wasn't always the case either. Renault and VW both had Detroit area HQ's. VW until relatively recently.

In fact the big factory in Sterling Heights making the Chrylser 200 was built by VW.

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnSpeedster View Post
    Wasn't Mercedes located in New Jersey even when Daimler owned Chrysler?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    All of the European automakers have their American HQs on the East Coast...
    What surprises me is that BMW and Porsche have a very stealth presence here. I went for interviews at a couple of companies with techie names and absolutely ZERO internet presence. both had open work spaces and all the computers I saw were running CAD programs. The cards I was given had BMW and Porsche on them, with their non-Detroit addresses and phone numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes but that would imply the identically named GM division title would disappear... Oh, never mind.
    It's sort of mind blowing that Chrysler, Great Lakes Crossing, and all this other investment is being done right next to Pontiac and the second largest downtown in the tri-county area basically sees nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    It's sort of mind blowing that Chrysler, Great Lakes Crossing, and all this other investment is being done right next to Pontiac and the second largest downtown in the tri-county area basically sees nothing.
    If downtown Pontiac was open, developable, and relatively inexpensive land, they would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    If downtown Pontiac was open, developable, and relatively inexpensive land, they would consider it.
    Pontiac is expensive? That's new to me!

8. Default

Leave Turin at the foot of the Alps and a short drive from the Italian Riviera? Eh, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    Pontiac is expensive? That's new to me!
    Could you easily and cheaply assemble enough land in downtown Pontiac to build Great Lakes Crossing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Consider what? They only need space for about 100 more employees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2