Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by birwood View Post
    Brizee....I really hate to stereo type or profile but...
    a sure clue that idiocy is to follow.

By saying "look at the names" then state that "the culprets [[Non-US citizens)..." gee, you can tell just by the names that they aren't US citizens? I know many, many people with arabesque names - and they were all born and raised here. Next time you decide to start a comment the way you did, do yourself a favor and just shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I never went to school in Warren. I went to Detroit Public Schools. I have only lived in Warren for about 4 months.

I have taken the liberties with a few words but I feel, given the situation, that this is fitting:

Well Shollin’s movin on up,
    To the east side.
    To a deluxe brick home in Warren.
    Movin on up
    To the east side.
    Shollin finally got a piece of the pie.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
    Beans don't burn on the grill.
    Took a whole lotta tryin'
    Just to get up that hill.
    Now Shollin’s up in the big leagues
    Gettin' his turn at bat.
    As long as he lives, it's Shollin and Warren baby
    There ain't nothin wrong with that.

Well Shollin’s movin on up,
    To the east side.
    To a deluxe brick home in Warren.
    Movin on up
    To the east side.
    Shollin finally got a piece of the pie

Shollin Guest

Here's one for jt1.

you know it would be untrue
    you know i would be a liar
    if i was to say to you
    detroit's arson rate couldn't be much higher

come on baby light my fire
    try to set detroit on fire

the time to flee to warren is now
    no more time to stand in the gun fire
    try to escape now we can't lose
    oh look there's a prostitute for hire

try to set detroit on fire, yeah

Here's one for jt1.

you know it would be untrue
    you know i would be a liar
    if i was to say to you
    detroit's arson rate couldn't be much higher

try to set detroit on fire

the time to flee to warren is now
    no more time to stand in the gun fire
    try to escape now we can't lose
    oh look there's a prostitute for hire

try to set detroit on fire, yeah
    See, I try to credit you for you amazing achievements in life and you have to take a cheap shot at the city. Hopefully, if I save all my cans and work really, really hard, I may be able to move to Warren. Not the fancy north of 696 part but that 9 mile area that 'Detroiters' have already invaded.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    See, I try to credit you for you amazing achievements in life and you have to take a cheap shot at the city. Hopefully, if I save all my cans and work really, really hard, I may be able to move to Warren. Not the fancy north of 696 part but that 9 mile area that 'Detroiters' have already invaded.
    Don't use your cans to move to Warren. Paint them bright colors and throw them in the vacant lots all around and call it art.

Haven't there been several noteworthy announcement of firms relocating from Warren to Detroit in the past......four months or so?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Haven't there been several noteworthy announcement of firms relocating from Warren to Detroit in the past......four months or so?
    Yes, but Shollin has made it clear that there is no benefit to the region, the leadership making this decision are stupid, the employees hate the idea, it will kill their commute and this only happened due to tax subsidies

Good news jt1: you might not need to save that many cans....http://www.realestateone.com/homes/3...arren-MI-48091

That's south of 9 mile which doesn't count since Detroiters have destroyed the lower part of Warren so Warrenites don't really count that part of the city

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    That's south of 9 mile which doesn't count since Detroiters have destroyed the lower part of Warren so Warrenites don't really count that part of the city
    I hope "GASM" sees this post.....

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Good news jt1: you might not need to save that many cans....http://www.realestateone.com/homes/3...arren-MI-48091
    That's expensive. You could get 20 tax foreclosures in Detroit for that price. If you're savvy, you can insure each one and burn it down and collect the payout.

Too bad Warren didn't have enough garbage strewn lots that you could buy and turn into a farm.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I hope "GASM" sees this post.....
    He's made it to 8 Mile and Sherwood. It was on the Detroit side. He knows better than to corss into Warren because Warren at least puts effort into controlling blight

I never went to school in Warren. I went to Detroit Public Schools. I have only lived in Warren for about 4 months.
    I went to Detroit Public Schools through the 4th grade. They learned me good down there.

Soooo, back to the topic of the thread....
    Apart from the damage that this does to neighborhoods....
    Most of us pay premiums on homeowners and auto policies, so we're paying for this in the form of higher premiums.

Can or should insurance companies be doing more to investigate claims before paying out?

I would think if insurers were more agressive about investigating and denying claims, it would put a stop to this kind of nonsense pretty quick. Seems they would have a pretty strong financial incentive to stop fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    Soooo, back to the topic of the thread....
    Apart from the damage that this does to neighborhoods....
    Most of us pay premiums on homeowners and auto policies, so we're paying for this in the form of higher premiums.

Can or should insurance companies be doing more to investigate claims before paying out?

I would think if insurers were more agressive about investigating and denying claims, it would put a stop to this kind of nonsense pretty quick. Seems they would have a pretty strong financial incentive to stop fraud.
    I got breaking news for you - insurance companies make so much money it really doesn't matter. There will always be another disaster around the corner to give them license to jack up everybodys premiums.

All these asshats deserve all the punishment they have coming to them. Destroying neighborhoods and putting the life of first responders in jeopardy because they are too lazy to make an honest living. Hopefully the insurance companies that they ripped off will come after them in civil court as well.

Ali Darwich, 31, of Beverly Hills

■ Fatima Toufaili, 29, of Beverly Hills.
    ■ Ashak Ashaq, 43, of Warren.
    ■ Mazen Mazraani, 32, of Dearborn.
    ■ Ali Alaouie, 34, of Dearborn.
    ■ Benjamin Youhanna, 40, of Farmington Hills.
    ■ Fayez Debouk, 26, of Dearborn.
    ■ Rabhi Ali, 29, of Dearborn.

■ Jad Alawie, 38, of Dearborn.

I think shollin is Jim Fouts.

Quote Originally Posted by 7miledog View Post
    I think shollin is Jim Fouts.
    I still say no.

Jimmy doesn't seem like that type.

I hope this sentence gets those young firemen starting fires on the east side to stop. Through a set of happy coincidences, I found one of 'em.

Saw the vehicle he used in the parking lot of one of the firehouses, although I'm quite sure it is a winter 'beater' he only drives when the weather is too poor for his new convertible. Stupid MF actually wore his fireman's coat while starting a fire...and it was all caught on a security camera nearby.

This crap must stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I hope this sentence gets those young firemen starting fires on the east side to stop. Through a set of happy coincidences, I found one of 'em.

Saw the vehicle he used in the parking lot of one of the firehouses, although I'm quite sure it is a winter 'beater' he only drives when the weather is too poor for his new convertible. Stupid MF actually wore his fireman's coat while starting a fire...and it was all caught on a security camera nearby.

This crap must stop.
    If this is a joke, it went over my head. If it's not, that's a pretty serious accusation.

I am very well aware of that. This is no joke.

Saw the guy yesterday...but was too late to stop and take his picture.

But I know where he works...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I am very well aware of that. This is no joke.

Saw the guy yesterday...but was too late to stop and take his picture.

But I know where he works...
    Giving you the benefit of a doubt, I would have to ask why?

...I just want them to stop.

They should be prosecuted, but I'm not sure we have enough to pursue them yet.

How come they don't burn down the vacant homes in Warren? Warren has lost 60,000 people and there are plenty of vacant homes.
    Warren doesn't have a large amount of vacant homes. Houses that get foreclosed on are bought rather quickly.

Warren went from 180,000 to 135,000 because the baby boomers moved out and the parents stayed, where they're all building porch-ramps and slowing dying off.

Warren has its issues, but they're much, much less severe.

Why?

Here are a few guesses.

Job security, serial fires magically happen every time there is a threat to the department in tight budget negotiations.

Fascination with fires. I've known firemen, and sons of firemen, who have had a sick fascination with the power and apparent personality of fire. Some of them flirt with it often...and see this career the way to engage their sick love affair with fire while getting paid.

Someone is paying them to do it. This is the most likely scenario. That is one sweet ride he's got for the summertime.

Maybe they think they are godlike and are fomenting positive change by forcing this destruction, especially if it keeps their 'brothers' employed and city hall's targeting of quick demolitions happens to create a tappable revenue stream.

Perhaps a "Red Wall of Silence" keeps them from getting investigated properly. One of the benefits of the brotherhood.
    Last edited by Gannon; May-11-13 at 07:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast