Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pardon my ignorance of such things. Are these conducted as guided or self-pace tours? If guided, is it a walking tour or does everyone climb on and off a shuttle bus or something similar?

Pardon my ignorance of such things. Are these conducted as guided or self-pace tours? If guided, is it a walking tour or does everyone climb on and off a shuttle bus or something similar?

Check the website for info. You can do a self guided tour or one with a guide. I don't know why you would need a guide though, because they give everyone a booklet with a lot of info. and a map of the house locations. They have a shuttle bus for people who can't walk but most people walk. Once you get to each house they take in small groups at a time and there are people stationed throughout the houses that also give info.

In addition to the tour houses, all the churches are usually open and also the Waldorf school.
    Last edited by Pam; May-14-13 at 06:13 PM.

Bump for next weekend.

For anyone interested in joining me for the tour on Sat. I will be at the Waldorf School, 2555 Burns at 11:00AM.

Can't believe that I am missing the Indian Village Home and Garden Tour again....

Am out of town this weekend...but am getting my architecture fix with a drive-by Frank Lloyd Wright house viewing and a visit to the Concordia Theological Seminary campus designed by Eero Saarinen...in Fort Wayne, Indiana!!!

While doing some prep work for the trip, I did run across a mention of a Detroiter Harold Holmes as the architect of the Kresge-Groth Building, which was built in 1926 as a 3-story Spanish Revival building used as Kresge dime store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2