Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One other thing Sumas... I have to agree 100% with your approach about hiding the trash... if it's left out in full view than as the saying would go... "trash begets trash..."

I remember 2 years ago there was a big family reunion on the north side of Balduck Park. And the family collected all the trash in bags and left it at curbside. Well a day later there were sofa cushions included among the trash... and 3 days later there was an entire entourage of garbage bags and furnishings sitting at the same curbside. So yes... leaving trash piled in plain view is just an invite for more trash... although people hardly seem to need an invite!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Hope to see you sumas, ronaldj, stromberg2, jtf1972, Zacha341... and you too Honky Tonk... at the forum picnic... where I've met many of you in the past...

For some odd reason the Forum naysayers always seem to be busy that day...
    There are only two kinds of people in the world: untrustworthy cynics, and people Gistok has met at the picnic.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    There are only two kinds of people in the world: untrustworthy cynics, and people Gistok has met at the picnic.
    Is that a yes or a no from you??

Is that a yes or a no from you??

I agree trash begets trash. Of course we will toss that stuff out on big trash day. I worry some idiot will try to ignite it.

I do appreciate that 2 local businesses allowed us to use their dumpsters for our little clean up. Our big area clean up is in June. Sure to do a major clean sweep and always a good party with great food follows.

To digress slightly, the row houses were occupied until some idiot from New York bought it at auction. It is now truely an eyesore. But I try to stay upbeat. Just never will understand why people litter. Nolan Finaly did a article on Detroit litter but I drive the state highways and litter is every where, not just us dumb Detroiters.

Also want to say that we have met so many amazing people that post on this forum. Such wit and such diversity.

A few like me stopped posting for a bit but hoping they will be back too. Sumas

Gistok, I remember that pile, we drive that way to St John's hospital every Wednesday. I just shook my head in disbelief. Also found out that some forum members thought Ron had cancer. He has Parkinson's. It's a respectable disease too.

Well I guess we can rest assured that snarky Antongast will definitely NOT be there... [[not that there was ever any doubt!)

Well I guess we can rest assured that snarky Antongast will definitely NOT be there... [[not that there was ever any doubt!)
    I guess we can. But in fairness to Dylan, he did write some damn good songs.

If we are going to to song references, Brian Ferry, on Another time , Another Place, also recorded "Walk a Mile in My Shoes". A good album but a strangely choice of songs. But it fits here.

No surprise to long time posters but ronaldj is my spouse. Just feel like a group hug. He is so amazing. Married 39 yrs., together for 42. He is a fount of wisdom and a person worth knowing. He loves his music! I love you so much but the dogs love me. You will get the joke but others will not.

Here's another classic. Love this song!

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    I guess we can. But in fairness to Dylan, he did write some damn good songs.
    OK... sorry... now I'm the one that was snarky...

FYI-We do have a music thread in the Non-D section.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2