Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Hey Ed.....different topic, what ever happened to Milky's Party Time tapes.....[[the shows were taped, at least in 1966, the one I was on).
    They recorded over the tapes until they wore out, then they were tossed.
    Read FAQ number two.
    http://detroitkidshow.com/faq.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    Read FAQ number two.
    Thanks for the reply Ed - my 5 minutes of TV fame thrown out in the trash.....!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    Read FAQ number two.
    Very interesting Ed... many of the shows I watched... gone forever... very sad.

Interestingly enough, I too have spent many years in researching... my research was for the LEGO building toy, which I have been collecting for 40 years. I started about 7 years ago in researching and writing down the history of the toy... since the archives of the LEGO company are so very sparse for the first 20 years of the product [[1949-69). I found out from a publisher that it is not at all uncommon for experts in a particular product or field to be people totally unrelated to the company that produced it.

And like you, I have found that when people find out that you have an interest or expertise in a certain field... suddenly you find that a lot of resources and people add to your history very quickly.

Keep up the good work Ed!! I take it that CKLW Poopdeck Paul and Captain Jolly Popeye TV Shows are also gone forever...

Gistok, a friend's cousin works @ the Lego HQ, he comes across all sorts of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Where can one score this "Faygo Gold"?
    Just about any place that carries Faygo. Its actually pretty good!

They have Vernor's in glass bottles at the Detroit Shoppe on Woodward. I bought some gifts there a few weeks ago to take with me to India and they gave me a free sixer of Faygo and Vernors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2