Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I miss floor vents in cars.

And side window vents too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    What products do you miss?What products missed you? — Jarts.

Well, I guess that's pretty much a truism for everyone here. Otherwise we couldn't even be here!
    i've been hit in the leg by a jart. I was wearing shorts, it hit me point first, it did not even leave a scratch. I do not understand what was dangerous about them, unless someone was being an absolute idiot, throwing it as high in the air as possible, then looking up and watching it come down straight at his eye. they had blunt tips, not like the darts one throws in pubs [[ask me how I almost nailed LBP with one at the Anchor Bar back in the day...)

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    ... they had blunt tips, not like the darts one throws in pubs [[ask me how I almost nailed LBP with one at the Anchor Bar back in the day...)
    Interesting that you don't deny aiming at him. LOL! j/k

Interesting that you don't deny aiming at him. LOL! j/k
    I can neither confirm or deny , but we were playing the "cricket" version of darts. I had my own tungsten darts w/ custom flights and everything

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

And side window vents too.
    Ditto. They were unique, Made sense.

Goodness when were those last scene on a car? Ford Granada?

I tried looking up "side window vents" on google, and all I get are things on deflectors

A pet rock!

I just noticed that Vermont store carries a hot cereal called Ralston that I remember from my childhood. I ordered some. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by psubliminal View Post
    I just noticed that Vermont store carries a hot cereal called Ralston that I remember from my childhood. I ordered some. :-p
    I remember Ralston Purina. Oh, wait. That was pet food. There was a Purina Monkey Chow?!

Which leads to the totally creepy Ralstonism movement.
    ... the books recommend things like every young man should engage with a form of probationary marriage with a woman old enough to be his grandmother.
    O-kaaay.

Sounds as flakey as the Kellogg story.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-24-13 at 09:10 PM.

I remember Ralston Purina. Oh, wait. That was pet food. There was a Purina Monkey Chow?!

Which leads to the totally creepy Ralstonism movement.O-kaaay.

Sounds as flakey as the Kellogg story.
    Ralston made kiddy chow too - Freakies!

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I tried looking up "side window vents" on google, and all I get are things on deflectors
    The old air conditioners/evaporators, 1950.
    Attachment 20241

Weaver's Lebanon Bologna.

Earth shoes! NOT........

I don't particularly miss side vents, three-on-the-tree manual shifters or floor vents [[particularly not floor vents. my family had two cars with various rodents using them for nests and one that turned into a nursery for garter snakes)

I was going to say Pine Bros Cough Drops, but I see they've recently returned. Picked up a pack at CVS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Earth shoes! NOT........
    I LIKED Earth Shoes!!!!!

Parke Davis Throat Lozenges, killed that tickle immediately.

http://prairiebluestem.blogspot.com/...emembered.html
    Last edited by gazhekwe; June-04-13 at 02:44 PM.

Kellogg's Concentrate. It was in a little box, foil covered, and it had a metal pourer spout on the side like a box of kosher salt. The box was like 6 inches tall, it was a small box of cereal. This is probably pre-1970.

New York Seltzer. Eat it with Abba Zabba and you got an East-West coast thing going on there.
    I remember a period when I was addicted to N-ice cough drops in the early '80s [[scoping out the "Creepshow" comics at Revco-or was it Perry's?-drugstore).

I'd have to say that there are a lot of various products I used to like until some M.S.G. or M.S.G.-derivative was added to it, then I'd start getting sick, until I looked into it.

I remember the first versions of "slime" in the late '70s [[including a "Mork from Ork" egg that had "slime yolk") that were recalled because of "cancer-causing agents.

How about the toys that shot little missles [[like Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica) until that is, as the Onion put it, "some dumb, dead kid ruins it for us all" by shooting one down his windpipe?

I still won't let go about the hungry Cabbage Patch Kids that were found gnawing on little girl's scalps. Doll eats girl. Fu-uh-nneee!

Don't know if I miss Faygo Arctic Sun or Banana Frosted Flakes-even if they are Michigan-made.

I know what I really miss...goofy coffeetable stuff from the late '70s and early '80s. Naughty greeting cards, mugs, dumb books about sniglets, doodles, dead cats, dead humans, other truly tasteless jokes-that type of thing. I guess that's why we have Family Guy now-to remind us of that junk.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Do you have a tool sharpening individual making the rounds in Detroit?

There is one guy here called Tony the sharpener who has been slow cruising with an old stop and go van ever since I was a pup all over Montreal. He has old hand painted scissors and knives on the sides of this small Grumman-type truck and rings a bell incessantly.

Here in Montreal we havent had ice cream trucks roaming because of a streetfood bylaw in effect since the forties I think. The only other bells i hear is when the city guys want to turn off the water...
    We used to have a knife-sharpener cruise through North Rosedale Park either on the 4th of July [[maybe just in case John Bull decided to come around again, I guess) or Memorial Day [[in case the dead do rise, or something-get your loved one right in the head with sharp object making a hollow sound like in "Walking Dead" and all that). He also did scissors, which would've made Johnny Depp proud.

I used to drive a Good Humor truck and hated the tunebox. I'd try and mix it up by quick cutting in and out like I was D.J. scratchin' the "Entertainer". Did that for one hot summer in 98' until I found out my boss acted like a putz with pedophilic tendencies, so I got out of that real quick and never returned his calls.

Wacky Packs!

Nabisco "golden fruit" flat cookies.

Vienna Fingers cookies. The original. Have not seen them in a while and they taste different.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast