Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I've been shooting with a Panasonic Lumix for years, [[point & shoot), I really like them. Very good quality for the money. Leica makes their lenses on the upper models.
    Leica - that's it. my zs-9 has various manual settings available, image stabilization, in addition to various auto modes and face recognition focusing

-Carnation Breakfast Bars [[peanut butter and granola)

-FROST candy bars [[white chocolate/peanut butter)

-Hubba Bubba and Gator[[aid) gum

-Planter's Cheesballs

-Cinnamon Tic Tacs

-HI-C in the large metal cans you had to open with the pointy end of the can opener. Kinda tasted mettalic...lol

-McDLT [[burger on one-side/bun on the other) discontinued w/ styrofom packaging.

-Wendy's Salad Bar

-Burger King Icee desserts

-Hardee's Frisco Burger [[on toast instead of bun)

-French fried w/ gravy at Kresge's cafeteria

-Hudson's restaurant [[Maurice Salad)

yummm... so sad.... :-[[

oh yea...

Burger King: Ham and cheese with lett/tomato/mayo/american cheese slice on a long roll. [[those were good!)

and does Taco Bell still do Enchilados? [[used to love those with a bunch of the mild sauce when they were in the little plastic jelly type containers you could drink!) lol

hardee's frisco burger is still available - had one yesterday. Cinnamon tic-tacs are BACK under a different name

Burger King: Ham and cheese with lett/tomato/mayo/american cheese slice on a long roll. [[those were good!)

This reminded me of the K-Mart submarine sandwiches. I think this was back in the 60s I would get one of these with a frozen Coke and just enjoy enjoy enjoy. Mind you, I was fresh off the res. I think the sandwich had three slices each of baloney and American cheese, then lettuce, tomato and mayo.

Just found this recipe, sounds more like it! Now I can go make some, three for a dollar.

http://www.food.com/recipe/kmart-sub...he-past-301815
    Last edited by gazhekwe; April-24-13 at 06:17 PM.

I love the Hardees Frisco burger. Pure fast food burger indulgence! And for sure one of the best fast food burgers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    hardee's frisco burger is still available - had one yesterday. Cinnamon tic-tacs are BACK under a different name

I remember those. They were around well before the breakfast bar craze and I just loved the particular taste. Miss them...

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    -Carnation Breakfast Bars [[peanut butter and granola)[[

Sounds like these steaming baloney, bbq sauce with mayo and pasturized cheese slice little sandwiches they used to sell at this little junky party store near my high school. They were called 'chuck wagons'... They seemed great at the time! Nice 'n hot on a cold michy winter day! Thankfully I only had them a few times and didn't ruin my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    This reminded me of the K-Mart submarine sandwiches. I think this was back in the 60s I would get one of these with a frozen Coke and just enjoy enjoy enjoy. Mind you, I was fresh off the res. I think the sandwich had three slices each of baloney and American cheese, then lettuce, tomato and mayo.

take a look at some of the old catalogs for sh*ts and giggles... [[seen a pic of my ole' Show & Tell record player and some other great product memories...

new technology back then was expensive... lol http://www.wishbookweb.com/

Name:  1981_xx_xx%20Montgomery%20Ward%20Christmas%20Catalog%20P348.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  41.0 KB

Miz!....got me hooked on looking through the catalogs. Bringing back tons of memories.

Goodness! That recording unit looks iron-clad. Like it would run forever!

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I wondered if there was something different with that cereal. I used to really like it. Tried it a while back and didn't care much for it.
    I used to like it too, but the last time I bought a box a few months ago I found the taste to be odd, nothing like I remember. The same with Cheerios. Not the same taste. I think it's because of the use of more oat bran? to make it more heart healthy and the reduction of sugars and high fructose corn syrup.

Aspergum! Sales were so low they had to discontinue it about 5 years ago. Also, Vick's vapor inhaler. I'm not sure if they still make it but it was a plastic tube about the size of a chapstick with a hole on the end. Inside it was just Vicks's vapo-mentho-whatever. I'm pretty sure that got abused [[eyeroll).

i remember aspergum. there was also St. joseph's Aspirin for Children in lemon and orange flavours.

the inhalers are still around

Old catalogs are fun, thanks for the Wish Book website!

Here's a few old Heathkit catalogs [[another series of products I miss)
    http://heathkit.garlanger.com/catalogs/

And a comprehensive set of Radio Shack:
    http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/

Wheatena Hot Cereal. I always liked it. Meijer and Kroger used to sell it but haven't seen it sold there in years. I looked on the website awhile back and found that independent grocery or Spartan stores carry it. Will have to check again.

Bosco chocolate milk syrup is another one. I checked the website and it's sold at Kroger's but not here in Michigan, Ohio would be the closest. It's also sold in some countries overseas according to their website. I forget where. I'd have to check again. I did run across it at the Big Lots in Dearborn last year or year before I think but didn't buy any. I checked the ingredient label and the first or second item was corn syrup. I passed.

Faygo Old Fashioned Root Beer...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNoeho_kdRs

Old Detroit Commercial Playlist...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Rbo...9C3D66A7B3C32E

The Vermont Country Store features a lot of obscure, nostalgic candies. I see they have Bonomo Turkish Taffy in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and banana flavors.

they have those big tins of Charles Chips! I remember our Sealtest guy used to deliver those too. Or was it Twin Pines?

Adams Sour Apple and Sour Grape gum!!!!

The Vermont Country Store has
    "Fartless Black Bean" Salsa—More Taste, Less Gas
    With a name like that, maybe they should have went with "more flavor" instead or "more taste." LOL!
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-13-13 at 07:13 PM.

Twin pines. No maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    they have those big tins of Charles Chips! I remember our Sealtest guy used to deliver those too. Or was it Twin Pines?

VCS also has Postum.

My grandparents turned us on to it when we were kids. It was a caffeine-free substitute for coffee during WWII. It doesn't taste like coffee but it tastes good in its own right. It's similar to Polish Inka, which is available from local Polish grocers.

Last edited by Jimaz; May-13-13 at 07:39 PM.

What products do you miss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Jarts
    What products missed you? — Jarts.

Well, I guess that's pretty much a truism for everyone here. Otherwise we couldn't even be here!

Mike Mozart loves this kind of stuff: JeepersMedia.

Taco Bell Bell Beefers. It was basically a taco on a hamburger bun instead of in the shell. I still make my own at home. As for jarts, they still make them in Australia and you can get them on ebay.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast