Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    LOL.. that's at Stephens & Lambrecht... I know where that is... been there...
    hmm, shopping at a Candy Store, not that I am surprised, but I hope you didnt roll up in that windowless white van you park near the school.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I'm buying a case just to mix with some bong water.
    I just knew you had more life experiences than you were letting on...

Fizzies. Like alka seltzer tablets in that you dropped them into a glass of water and made your own pop.

orange was best.

what I don't miss are Space Food Sticks.
    OMG. I loved Space Food Sticks. Particularly the chocolate ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    OMG. I loved Space Food Sticks. Particularly the chocolate ones.
    We are no longer friends. I cannot abide anyone who would allow those things past their lips more than once.

We are no longer friends. I cannot abide anyone who would allow those things past their lips more than once.
    Those thin & pasty somewhat-nutritious treats that supposedly fed the astronauts? I ate 'em by the box.

You could take the peanut butter ones and twist 'em with a chocolate...that was the only way to stomach those dry beasts.

Red-dyed Pistachio nuts.... JUST JOKING! I am old enough to remember that stupidity [[dying them bright red color). Who thought that was a good idea?
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-13-13 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Red-dyed Pistachio nuts.... JUST JOKING! I am old enough to remember that stupidity [[dying them bright red color). Who thought that was a good idea?
    What was it they used? Red dye #9? There was a big deal about that dye being a major cancer causing agent.

Haha, I'm pleading youthful ignorance for my love of Space sticks.

Yes, I think one-a-day vitamins were some hideous red too at one time. I don't need crayola colored food where the natural color should be beige or tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What was it they used? Red dye #9? There was a big deal about that dye being a major cancer causing agent.

Anyone remember Chik-O-Sticks? Yummy!

Oh, I see, blame it on youth. How will a certain someone feel when they learn of your latent desires to masticate with a chocolate space stick?

Well NowaLaters [[sp?) candies are harder to masticate with age for sure... call em' tooth-annihilators!

Oh, I see, blame it on youth. How will a certain someone feel when they learn of your latent desires to masticate with a chocolate space stick?

His childhood was clearly lacking because he does not remember them. I will say though, you've inspired me to tweet at Pillsbury asking for the return of the chalky, crumbly, chocolate sticks.

I miss the 64 ounce bottles of Olde English 800

Jarts

some company has rejuvenated space food sticks, and I guess they never stopped making them in Australia. I refuse, however, to look them up

Anybody remember Vernor's Ice cream? It's been a lot of years since I've seen it in stores.

Mr. Salty pretzels!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Anybody remember Vernor's Ice cream? It's been a lot of years since I've seen it in stores.
    No, but I remember Vernor's ginger ale as being more gingery and less sweet. Adding a very small amount of Phillips ginger flavored brandy gets it back in the ballpark.
    Last edited by oladub; April-15-13 at 12:42 PM.

^^^ Yeah, I use real ginger root for tea and varied Jamaican style Ginger pops when I can find them. Whew! That stuff is strong for real.... Vernors is lightweight comparably.

Benedryl used to make big gel-caps with pseudo-ephedrine, a cough suppressant, and acetaminophen. NOTHING worked better on a bad cold. Real Sudafed works OK, but something about the old Benedryl gel-caps made them work amazingly well.

I also miss big, heavy desk telephones. The kind you could cradle in your shoulder while talking and typing / doing dishes/ whatever. Infinitely more comfortable to talk on than the new cell phone cloned cordless phones.

That's when a smoke was a smoke.
    Attachment 18889

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I miss the 64 ounce bottles of Olde English 800
    I think I've still got a half bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Benedryl used to make big gel-caps with pseudo-ephedrine, a cough suppressant,....
    You might try asking if they still have that behind the counter. I think that's an ingredient used in illegal meth manufacturing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast