Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default What products do you miss?

Saniflush, NOTHING does a better, or even comparable, job at getting rust stains out of the porcelain throne. evidently there was some sort of health issue involved in its disappearance.

SSPs - still the most fun toy cars ever

Dr. Pepper in the long neck glass bottle when it had sort of a hint of fruit taste or something you couldn't quite put your finger on.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Dr. Pepper in the long neck glass bottle when it had sort of a hint of fruit taste or something you couldn't quite put your finger on.
    Sort of like prune juice and had the 10-2-4 on the bottle. I also remember when you couldn't get Dr. Pepper in Detroit. I got introduced to it at age 18 when I went to school in Virginia and it was something I had never heard of. Six cents a bottle in the vending machine.

i remember aspergum. there was also St. joseph's Aspirin for Children in lemon and orange flavours.

the inhalers are still around

Old catalogs are fun, thanks for the Wish Book website!

Here's a few old Heathkit catalogs [[another series of products I miss)
    http://heathkit.garlanger.com/catalogs/

And a comprehensive set of Radio Shack:
    http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/

Wheatena Hot Cereal. I always liked it. Meijer and Kroger used to sell it but haven't seen it sold there in years. I looked on the website awhile back and found that independent grocery or Spartan stores carry it. Will have to check again.

Bosco chocolate milk syrup is another one. I checked the website and it's sold at Kroger's but not here in Michigan, Ohio would be the closest. It's also sold in some countries overseas according to their website. I forget where. I'd have to check again. I did run across it at the Big Lots in Dearborn last year or year before I think but didn't buy any. I checked the ingredient label and the first or second item was corn syrup. I passed.

I don't particularly miss side vents, three-on-the-tree manual shifters or floor vents [[particularly not floor vents. my family had two cars with various rodents using them for nests and one that turned into a nursery for garter snakes)

I've always missed the "old" Special K cereal. Back when it was little cusps, not flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 45thParallel View Post
    I've always missed the "old" Special K cereal. Back when it was little cusps, not flakes.
    I wondered if there was something different with that cereal. I used to really like it. Tried it a while back and didn't care much for it.

Twinkies , I hear they may be made again

I wondered if there was something different with that cereal. I used to really like it. Tried it a while back and didn't care much for it.
    I used to like it too, but the last time I bought a box a few months ago I found the taste to be odd, nothing like I remember. The same with Cheerios. Not the same taste. I think it's because of the use of more oat bran? to make it more heart healthy and the reduction of sugars and high fructose corn syrup.

I can't think of any product I really miss, but of late I find everywhere I go I'm looking for unlocked bathrooms. It never bothered me before but for some reason I'm getting paranoid about it. I'll have to get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I can't think of any product I really miss, but of late I find everywhere I go I'm looking for unlocked bathrooms. It never bothered me before but for some reason I'm getting paranoid about it. I'll have to get a life!
    or one of these:

http://www.dynamic-living.com/produc...photoBox+clear

Standardized round headlight bulbs. Currently $6.88 at Amazon.

They were cheap, available, and they didn't get cloudy after five years. The last vehicle I've owned with round headlights was a Jeep Wrangler. When I ran into a deer, at least I didn't have to pay hundreds of dollars for a headlight assembly.

Bacon, that actually tastes like real bacon. It tastes so good, you know it's bad for you, but you don't care, because it tastes so good. Two or three pieces and you can walk away without craving more. Good taste = satisfaction = you don't have to eat as much. It used to be so simple.

Bacon, that actually tastes like real bacon. It tastes so good, you know it's bad for you, but you don't care, because it tastes so good. Two or three pieces and you can walk away without craving more. Good taste = satisfaction = you don't have to eat as much. It used to be so simple.
    Go to Kroger, get the thick-cut Kroger brand with peppercorns.

Enjoy and thank me later

Total duration 2:12:41:

Classic Commercials for Defunct Products

^^^ I like part 10/10. The Westinghouse electronic magnifier. Classic.

Fizzies. Like alka seltzer tablets in that you dropped them into a glass of water and made your own pop.

orange was best.

what I don't miss are Space Food Sticks.
    Last edited by gnome; April-12-13 at 06:07 AM.

Looking @ these commercials now, I never realized what BS they were peddling when watching them as a kid. I must have reached the cynical part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Fizzies. Like alka seltzer tablets in that you dropped them into a glass of water and made your own pop.

orange was best.

Ah yes... Fizzies... back when products ended in "ies".... such as... Spoolies...

http://www.spoolies.com/

orange was best.

I was just talking about Fizzies the other day. couldn't recall what they were called.

Space Food Sticks were disgusting. I have no idea what flavor they were going for. the texture was like someone blended a tootsie roll with dried play-doh. the taste, too, now that I think of it

orange was best.

OMG. I loved Space Food Sticks. Particularly the chocolate ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    OMG. I loved Space Food Sticks. Particularly the chocolate ones.
    We are no longer friends. I cannot abide anyone who would allow those things past their lips more than once.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast