Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

The event is at James Group International, a company that does packaging, freight forwarding and warehousing and has supported a new bridge. In 2011, John James, chairman and CEO of the company, called the building of a new bridge "a tremendous growth opportunity."

One does have to give them credit though , why buy a bridge when you can get taxpayers to build them for you.

Now why is it an all important public announcement that is spending millions of two countries taxpayer ,by the gov take place in a private corperation office?

When you buy a slurpe from 7-11 that sucking sound you hear when you get to the bottom of the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The event is at James Group International, a company that does packaging, freight forwarding and warehousing and has supported a new bridge. In 2011, John James, chairman and CEO of the company, called the building of a new bridge "a tremendous growth opportunity."

One does have to give them credit though , why buy a bridge when you can get taxpayers to build them for you.

Now why is it an all important public announcement that is spending millions of two countries taxpayer ,by the gov take place in a private corperation office?
    Maybe because they're one the contractors hired to oversee the bridge operation? Yes, Why buy an 80 year old, out dated, falling apart bridge @ an over-inflated price, when another countries government is providing funding to construct a brand new larger and faster bridge that will increase revenue for the State?

I am with Snyder on this one. Matty Mouron is one of the last backward movers in shakers that is left controlling the city. He had sat on that train station for years. He own blighted properties throughout the city and probably paying some official money under the table to turn a blind eye to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    I can't wait for the day this complete piece of garbage of a human being dies. Hopefully he'll be buried somewhere accessible so I can take a piss on his grave.
    I gotta go number 2 on it

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I'd prefer a Flava Flav joint.
    I for one prefer a WIz or Snoop joint

It would seem fitting that a statue of Mouron be placed at his grave site and no one maintained it.

New bridge to Canada gets presidential permit
    LANSING -- The presidential permit for the New International Trade Crossing has been approved, and the announcement will be made today in Detroit by Gov. Rick Snyder, the Free Press has learned.
    Jeff Holyfield, a spokesman for Snyder, said the governor will be in Detroit today for an economic development announcement, but he would not confirm the news about the presidential permit.
    "We're not saying anything at this time about that one," Holyfield said.
    But sources close to the development confirmed to the Free Press that the permit for the bridge project would be announced today. One source, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed that the U.S. State Department signed off on the permit Thursday and notified ambassadors for both countries and Snyder.
    Read the rest in the link.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5