Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Yeah.. Why aren't all these protestors at their jobs? Oh wait, they are living off welfare.. Yet still think they have any kind of say or knowledge of the situation in the government. They are part of the problem! They are lazy people who think the world owes it to them. Just a damn shame..

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Yeah.. Why aren't all these protestors at their jobs? Oh wait, they are living off welfare.. Yet still think they have any kind of say or knowledge of the situation in the government. They are part of the problem! They are lazy people who think the world owes it to them. Just a damn shame..
    I think some of the protesters are aides , staff, family, etc of the bottom feeders that work for the city and clowncil. These are the dolts that are in jeopardy of losing their gravy train. I have no proof, just my gut telling me they are products of the friends and family plan.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    I think some of the protesters are aides , staff, family, etc of the bottom feeders that work for the city and clowncil. These are the dolts that are in jeopardy of losing their gravy train. I have no proof, just my gut telling me they are products of the friends and family plan.
    I agree with this. This has nothing to do with the unions. It is the bottom feeders like the many store front churches and the family and friends of Kwame and other government officials who got cushy jobs out of this. Also, I wonder how many ghost employees are getting paid and never showed up to work. The Detroit News had an article one of the corrupt Reverends today whose condo on Jefferson is in foreclosure, owes taxes, and has a lien on it from the Detroit Athletic Club. Yes, the good reverend was once a member to the Detroit Athletic club.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    The Detroit News had an article one of the corrupt Reverends today whose condo on Jefferson is in foreclosure, owes taxes, and has a lien on it from the Detroit Athletic Club. Yes, the good reverend was once a member to the Detroit Athletic club.
    Do you have a link to this? I'm turning up nothing. [[I'm not doubting you) Thanx.

Now THAT'S funny. "Let he who is without sin..."

Okay so I have been a part of a number of these freeway blockades and I am firmly in the "against EFM's" column, but I've got to say that these things need to stop.

I joined in the blockades a few different mornings and found their affect pretty minimal and mostly alienating. We should be protesting the EFM's but this is a piss poor tactic. We are targeting whom? If the target is really commerce than line up on the Ambassador Bridge not the freeway.

For me it really hit home when one of the pastors leading the blockade [[and no, its not the usual pastors we are hearing about...though I won't name names) was almost rammed by an angry semi-truck driver. Most of all, shortly after we had finished one of the blockades there was an ambulance with it sirens on roaring down the other side of the freeway. I could only think "what would happen if that was behind us?" Its just too risky, its NOT non-violent. Its not strategic. Its not for winners.

That being said we must find better modes of resistance. The EFM was overturned by 53% of voters, however you feel about the issue, its an affront to democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Yeah.. Why aren't all these protestors at their jobs? Oh wait, they are living off welfare.. Yet still think they have any kind of
    say or knowledge of the situation in the government. They are part of the problem! They are lazy people who think the world owes it to them. Just a damn shame..
    Yeah because all blacks taking part in a protest must be on welfare. I know some these people who've done this most of them are retirees or if they are working they don't work during the day. So take your racist shit elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Drexciya68 View Post
    This is someone who was involved in that reckless irresponsible embarrassing b.s. on the freeway. It shows the attitude of some of that lot. Always the victim I guess. http://oi48.tinypic.com/160wh35.jpg . Shes posting the usual blame outsider crap. http://www.facebook.com/catherine.s.phillips

"Catherine Sanders PhillipsAnother SUCCESSFUL Slow Down in Motown! We were stopped by 2 white cops [[male & female). I was accused of "inciting a riot," by the male. I wonder what he accused those that were driving 55 on the shoulder to pass us; while giving us the finger & yelling obscenities. Who's inciting a riot?"
    From her FB page today, here's the kind of person that's participating in this protest:

I caught the end of a story regarding the new license plate...PURE MICHIGAN. Don't be sucked into this campaign that's designed to make Michigan PURE WHITE. Yep, that's what this pure Michigan crap is about. So, those of my brothers & sisters that think, by moving to Southfield, Novi, etc; you have avoided the inevitable...think again. They won't stop until we've all vacated the state & returned to Mississippi, Alabama, etc. WE ARE AT WAR! Either get in the fight or become a casualty of war.
    The protesters are annoying, but they're only annoying. No more than that. They're not effective, convincing, inspiring, thoughtful, perceptive or influential. They're like flies buzzing around your picnic. Expected, annoying, but not significant enough to affect what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    From her FB page today, here's the kind of person that's participating in this protest:

The protesters are annoying, but they're only annoying. No more than that. They're not effective, convincing, inspiring, thoughtful, perceptive or influential. They're like flies buzzing around your picnic. Expected, annoying, but not significant enough to affect what you're doing.
    Pathetic. I cant wait to old racist fools like her die off so that Detroit can move past that crap. Name:  dumbbitch.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  51.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by socks_mahoney View Post
    That being said we must find better modes of resistance. The EFM was overturned by 53% of voters, however you feel about the issue, its an affront to democracy.
    That's right, the EFM was overturned. And a publicly-elected body voted and approved an Emergency Manager law to replace it. Is that an affront to democracy?

That's what I'm still trying to understand: the EM law is in the books and legal. It's not the same as the EFM law -- in fact, it grants lesser authority than the previous bill did.

Meanwhile, EM protestors continue to provide no effective alternative. Combined with this little freeway kerfuffle, the protesting group's credibility is dwindling fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexciya68 View Post
    This is someone who was involved in that reckless irresponsible embarrassing b.s. on the freeway. It shows the attitude of some of that lot. Always the victim I guess. http://oi48.tinypic.com/160wh35.jpg . Shes posting the usual blame outsider crap. http://www.facebook.com/catherine.s.phillips

"Catherine Sanders PhillipsAnother SUCCESSFUL Slow Down in Motown! We were stopped by 2 white cops [[male & female). I was accused of "inciting a riot," by the male. I wonder what he accused those that were driving 55 on the shoulder to pass us; while giving us the finger & yelling obscenities. Who's inciting a riot?"
    Y'all should take a look at some of her Facebook "likes":

- Change Agent Consortium...
    - The Free Press...
    - Motown Classics...
    - and a fake page for Kevyn Orr.

My advice to the citizens of Detroit: embrace Kevyn Orr and ignore Jesse Jackson and his followers.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Yeah because all blacks taking part in a protest must be on welfare. I know some these people who've done this most of them are retirees or if they are working they don't work during the day. So take your racist shit elsewhere
    Odd.. the ones I came across are ignorant racist fools who are trying to keep whites out of Detroit. This is one of those old racist clowns. I cant wait til those old school racists die off so they can stop dragging Detroit down.

Some seems to need a Detroit history lesson before they open their mouths about Detroit. -> http://www.daahp.wayne.edu/1900_1949.html

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Did I mention anything about black or white? Absolutely not, because I am not racist. But when there are tons of people, black and white, DURING THE DAY, out protesting something just for the sake of protesting, then 1.) They can't find a job or 2.) They don't try or 3.) They have a significant other that brings in the dough. But most likely options 1 and 2. Look at the statistics... Just being completely honest. If all of the people not even trying to find a job were actually included in unemployment, Detroit's would be over 20%, easily.

An observation from afar with a connection to '67. In '67, people from afar asked, "Why are people burning up and destroying their own neighborhoods?" I am not debating the fact that there may have been issues needing resolving, but burning up and destroying your own home is not the way to resolve the issues.

Sometimes, there is a 'straw that breaks the camels back' situation and things explode out of control because issues were not resolved. The freeway slowdowns are dangerous and not the answer.

Somehow, Detroit must heal. Once again, an observation from afar, Detroit, to me, seems a lot like Berlin which was separated by a wall. On one side, there was freedom and prosperity and on the other side, there was control and no freedom. After the wall was torn down between the two societies, they were forced to rejoin.

The wealthy west was faced with a huge economic drain and the east was faced with the fact that they were way behind in skills and economic resources. Both sides had to give more than they wanted.

It was a tough re-integration of societies but it has mostly worked. Germany is the economic and automotive powerhouse of Europe.

My message to Detroit, don't burn down your own house to prove that you are pissed off. And to the corporate wealth, somehow, someway there have to be rules between management and worker that are fair and equitable. Workers must realize the huge investments and risks that some take in creating jobs and corporations must realize that in return, the workers are giving their best to produce and be the best there is.

Everyone decide what the rules are and then everyone abide by them. Both sides must work harder than they ever have before to make things work.

Detroit must come together some how, some way.
    Last edited by PeachLaser; April-08-13 at 06:39 PM.

There comes a point where piling on, relentlessly protesting protesters, undermines itself.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Stupid. Self-defeating. Toothless curs.
    nice... why use abstract language, just say what you want to say

this is dangerous, they could easily do the same thing without doing the freeway protest

Quote Originally Posted by jaytheory View Post
    this is dangerous, they could easily do the same thing without doing the freeway protest
    Driving in the cars slowing the freeway down means they get to sit down in a bucket seat, listen to the radio, text their friends, instead of pacing in front of the city govt. buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by socks_mahoney View Post
    Okay so I have been a part of a number of these freeway blockades and I am firmly in the "against EFM's" column, but I've got to say that these things need to stop.

I joined in the blockades a few different mornings and found their affect pretty minimal and mostly alienating. We should be protesting the EFM's but this is a piss poor tactic. We are targeting whom? If the target is really commerce than line up on the Ambassador Bridge not the freeway.

For me it really hit home when one of the pastors leading the blockade [[and no, its not the usual pastors we are hearing about...though I won't name names) was almost rammed by an angry semi-truck driver. Most of all, shortly after we had finished one of the blockades there was an ambulance with it sirens on roaring down the other side of the freeway. I could only think "what would happen if that was behind us?" Its just too risky, its NOT non-violent. Its not strategic. Its not for winners.

If I ever get mixed up in one of these "protests" I will gladly use my POS car to get your @ss out of the way for the other motorists. You are NOT more important than any of us on our way to WORK.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachLaser View Post
    ...snip...
    It was a tough re-integration of societies but it has mostly worked. Germany is the economic and automotive powerhouse of Europe.
    ...ship...
    Germans wanted reunification. So they endured the pain. Michigan residents have decided that they're ready to work with Detroit. The protestors haven't decided to work with anyone yet. They are protestors against 'reunification'.

Its like Palestine. The Palestinians want Israel wiped off the face of the earth more than they want an economy.

Does Detroit want success more than having it on their terms?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3