Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Need help with Keating Elementary!

Dear Midtown. I am from Charleston, WV and my friend wants a photo of Keating Elementary for her 70-ish year old mother. No one seems eager to help me with this and I have contacted the public school system, the Burton Library, etc. can you help with this? We want to gift this woman with a framed photo because she had fond memories there. Thanks, in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Msleelee1964 View Post
    Dear Midtown. I am from Charleston, WV and my friend wants a photo of Keating Elementary for her 70-ish year old mother. No one seems eager to help me with this and I have contacted the public school system, the Burton Library, etc. can you help with this? We want to gift this woman with a framed photo because she had fond memories there. Thanks, in advance.
    See my private note. There may be others on DetroitYes who went to Keating that could have pictures.
    Last edited by MidTownMs; April-04-13 at 10:55 AM.

I'm surprised some of our super sleuths haven't weighed in on this yet.

I remember Keating, some of my cousins went there, as did my father briefly, but I can find no picture of it online.

This is the only photo I found, but the resolution wouldn't provide you with a framable picture.

Attachment 18834
    Keating Elementary School, Detroit, Michigan[[MI)

Maybe the link to the photo will help.

I also ran it through photoshop, but the image didn't improve much.

Thanks Old Guy. I tried with that photo too. It's weird. Like that particular historical building fell into the vacuum. SOMEONE has to have a photo. Just haven't run across them yet.

That picture is not Keating. I think that is a standard picture classmates gives you when they don't have a picture. They use the same picture for Lillibridge elementary. I remember Keating didn't look anything like that picture, and also the brick color was darker.

Along with the other thread that's running right now, there seems to be a real lack of honest documentation on schools. Seems like an unlikely dilemma, considering the fact that pretty much everyone attended school. Maybe it would make for good research, and a book on the history of local schools.