Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    You're off the mark again.

But, it makes one wonder why a dude likes to talk about other dudes wearing panties.

Sorry man, I've got a girlfriend. Not interested in swinging the other way. But, maybe iheartthed is into it since the two of you sound so buddy buddy.
    A cry baby like you has a girlfriend? Guess she must be into water sports.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    A cry baby like you has a girlfriend? Guess she must be into water sports.
    That was a waste of disk space. Uh duh duh crybaby duh duh you have a girlfriend?

So Dave indirectly you're telling us that in Windsor they actually allow us to poop and pee inside? I've been using your alleys for no reason?

Last time I was in Ann Arbor, I didn't have a problem finding a washroom or even finding free parking. The McDonald's in Ann Arbor had a locked washroom??

I haven't been to Grand Rapids. And taking about Subways, it sounds like you're living in one of Chicago's cesspools if McDonald's is locking the doors. If it's locked, homeless people probably pee on the buildings there too. You won't see me in that unsanitary area either.

Lets go through this again in tiny bite sizes.

McDonald's in midtown doesn't lock their washrooms. The one in downtown Windsor doesn't lock theirs either. Your argument for locking the washrooms is that homeless people trash the place. But, then why doesn't McDonald's in midtown lock theirs if other major chains are doing it? Maybe because it's the responsibility of their lazy employees to clean it up? Get it?
    IIRC there isn't a McDonald's in the central area of Ann Arbor, so it's a moot point. The ones on the fringes of town don't have issues of drunken bar patrons or homless folks making a mess of things. So of course they are conveniently unlocked.

The McDonald's here in Chicago have them all locked. But you can ask for a key and they'll give it to you. I'd say about 99% of the restaurants and cafes in Chicago don't require you to make a purchase to use their toilets, but they'd like you to ask so they don't have to worry about someone vandalizing the place.

I don't see why you make a big deal of this. Yes it's annoying, and yes here in Chicago you occasionally smell the stench of where the homeless have been. Instead of complaining I called 311 and the city had the alley powerwashed a few hours later. Problem solved. As business continues to improve in the midtown area, I wouldn't be surprised if power-washing and sanitation fee also came about to fix the problem.

But yeah, no sense calling out other cities on the problem. I mean we know it exists. I recall smelling the scent of urine in places in Windsor after the fireworks. But that's reality, and I still left Windsor thinking it's a pretty nice place.

That guy from Facebook should start something like a Facepee or McDump, so that for a dollar, you could go relieve yourself in a chemtoilet next to businesses on a busy street. Something to think about after reading this 181st post on the matter of urinary tractations.

I called 311 and the city had the alley powerwashed a few hours later. Problem solved. No joke?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I called 311 and the city had the alley powerwashed a few hours later. Problem solved. No joke?!?!?
    That's what happens when city services are managed by robots instead of people. They don't take sick days or vacations, ask for pay raises or retirements. They take phone or text message complaints, arrange them in the cheapest, fastest, most efficient services routes and dispatch a crew. When it's done, the city will either mail or text you back that the work was done. Alderman are on the hook. Each complaint unfilled could possibly be a lost vote.

This is what, somewhere around 184 posts. Wolverine, get out while you can. This appears to be a sewer with no drain. It keeps backing up.

Looks like there might be some relief in sight! Some adaption of http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...next_big_thing running up and down Woodward under the Trade Name "Callaloo" where you could summon the nearest one when you needed to go. I don't know how it might work out if you're running on a Pacemaker. [[maybe you'd stop while you go)

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    This is what, somewhere around 184 posts. Wolverine, get out while you can. This appears to be a sewer with no drain. It keeps backing up.
    Probably shouldn't have let it run this long, but today's article showed how important some places treat the issue. In Chicago, failure to pay the $500 fine for public urination will double it to $1000 plus jail time. It also appears the city will begin stronger efforts against drinking in public which has over the years become quite relaxed in enforcement. At the very worst, police would require that person to pour the beverage out and carry on.

Also didn't realize that the city can fine parents if their kids violate ordinance.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6090030.story
    Last edited by wolverine; April-05-13 at 12:06 AM.

midtown isn't a cesspool but you are an asshole who just needs any reason to pick on Detroit. People drink all hrs of the day, don't believe me? just visit New Orleans, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Chicago etc stop exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    It also appears the city will begin stronger efforts against drinking in public which has over the years become quite relaxed in enforcement.
    LOL good luck. Sucks if true. People smoke joints in public with impunity; we'll see if they can rope the drinking in.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit12 View Post
    midtown isn't a cesspool but you are an asshole who just needs any reason to pick on Detroit. People drink all hrs of the day, don't believe me? just visit New Orleans, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Chicago etc stop exaggerating.
    It's a cesspool; it's not an exaggeration. People being pigs in other cities doesn't justify anything. If you are going be a name calling ignoramus, then you are both blind and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Probably shouldn't have let it run this long, but today's article showed how important some places treat the issue. In Chicago, failure to pay the $500 fine for public urination will double it to $1000 plus jail time. It also appears the city will begin stronger efforts against drinking in public which has over the years become quite relaxed in enforcement. At the very worst, police would require that person to pour the beverage out and carry on.

Also didn't realize that the city can fine parents if their kids violate ordinance.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6090030.story
    The sad thing about doubling the fines for public urination is that the $500 fines don't work, which is why they have to double it when locking the washrooms is the reason those areas in Chicago where McDonald's locks their washrooms are cesspools. You are living in a neighbourhood in Chicago that's an even bigger cesspool than midtown Detroit since the midtown McDonald's didn't even lock their washroom.
    Last edited by davewindsor; April-09-13 at 03:47 PM.

The sad thing about doubling the fines for public urination is that the $500 fines don't work, which is why they have to double it when locking the washrooms is the reason those areas in Chicago where McDonald's locks their washrooms are cesspools. You are living in a neighbourhood in Chicago that's an even bigger cesspool than midtown Detroit since the midtown McDonald's didn't even lock their washroom.
    Thanks for reminding me why drinking during the day is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Thanks for reminding me why drinking during the day is a bad thing.

Yeah, you can almost read the hiccups as subtext cant you?

since the midtown McDonald's didn't even lock their washroom.
    So you DID end up finding a place to pee? Good! thread over, let's move on.

You are living in a neighbourhood in Chicago
    No he's not. He's living in a neighborhood.

As long as bums pee and DaveWindsor has breath, this thread will live!

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    No he's not. He's living in a neighborhood.
    American English. How uncivilized! Hahaha. I keed. I keed.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    As long as bums pee and DaveWindsor has breath, this thread will live!
    Or if places like Starbucks and Subway in midtown kept their washrooms unlocked, my mission would be accomplished.

Or if places like Starbucks and Subway in midtown kept their washrooms unlocked, my mission would be accomplished.
    @ least you found McDonalds keeps it's washrooms open, you must be relieved.

It's a cesspool; it's not an exaggeration. People being pigs in other cities doesn't justify anything. If you are going be a name calling ignoramus, then you are both blind and dumb.
    you're are the only blind idiot here. I spend atleast 85% of my off time between downtown and midtown, can't see where its a cesspool. my guess is, you just "knew" you were going to have some negative experience and when you got here and didn't it upset you to the point that you decided to go on a rant on a forum. More than likely thinking others would join in on it. I mean it is Detroit smh

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    So you DID end up finding a place to pee? Good! thread over, let's move on.
    right! didn't even have to start the thread in the first place. And if its so common to see piss on the streets of midtown, why not join the party I'd love to see WSU police in action lmao

you're are the only blind idiot here. I spend atleast 85% of my off time between downtown and midtown, can't see where its a cesspool. my guess is, you just "knew" you were going to have some negative experience and when you got here and didn't it upset you to the point that you decided to go on a rant on a forum. More than likely thinking others would join in on it. I mean it is Detroit smh
    That doesn't even make sense. How can I be blind if I saw it? You sir, are clearly the blind idiot since you are denying it happens.

right! didn't even have to start the thread in the first place. And if its so common to see piss on the streets of midtown, why not join the party I'd love to see WSU police in action lmao
    From the I75 to McDonald's, I couldn't find an unlocked washroom. I had to go all the way up to McDonald's to find one. I can hold it. Other people can't and there were pee puddles all along midtown Woodward. THAT'S MY COMPLAINT! That's why the area is a cesspool.

I didn't see WSU police anywhere. I could very well have pissed on a storefront myself if I was a pig.

I bet you if I go there again and these washrooms are all locked I'll see the exact same thing again. That's common sense. You clearly have none.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast