Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post

Is there not a deposit on plastic liquor bottles in Michigan like Ontario? I must have spotted a hundred of them littering the street sides while walking around.
    Well why didn't you pee into one instead of crying about them? Or go behind a dumpster in an alley? That's where normal people who have to go outside pee, not on storefronts. My eyes are working just fine and I can see the puddles came from you.

You must be blind or not paying attention because I saw it and I don't think it was unique to that day.
    Was somebody mean to you? Were you picked on? It sounds like you're looking to find a problem where one doesn't exist.

You're blind or you're just ignoring the problem by saying it doesn't exist instead of addressing it.
    Addressing the "problem" would involve banning you from the US.

Ahh... Perhaps we need Dr. Kovorkian to put this 'peeing contest' thread to an eternal rest ------!
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-01-13 at 07:38 AM.

No, not at all. Other cities don't have major franchises that don't lock their washrooms.
    Most cities I've been in have locked bathrooms in retail/restaurant establishments. I've seen it all over the place, in the U.S., Europe, and Latin America.

You ask for the key. No big deal, and they're doing you a favor if you aren't a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    My eyes are working just fine and I can see the puddles came from you.
    If that's what you see, then obviously you can't see and you need to take your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Addressing the "problem" would involve banning you from the US.
    And if you can't ban me, you gonna cry? Aw, poor baby.

Banning me doesn't address the cesspool problem in midtown. You need to get your emotions in check.

There have been some great responses here like that public urinal in an earlier post. If business owners don't want to let the public use their washrooms, they can get together as a business association and fund a few of those outdoor plastic urinals from the earlier post. Problem solved.

As a public service, I will summarize this important thread --get right to the straight poop! There seems to be a lack of bathrooms and hygiene in Midtown/Cass Corridor on Woodward from Warren south to downtown. The two solutions mentioned would be: [[A) The city creates some sort of public restroom that they maintain and keep clean, of which we saw one unusual European solution which looked like a waist high walk in garbage can, [[B) Egg timers in the bathrooms of existing businesses, set to 5 or 10 minutes, with the Poop Police monitoring and barging in should the Crap Curfew be ignored.

Plan B would burn up a lot of employee time. It would be ideal to automate it more fully. I might suggest an electric voltage discharged from all wet surfaces after 10 minutes. Nothing like a Tesla coil spark to the ... cough to get you going.
    Last edited by RickBeall; April-01-13 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Most cities I've been in have locked bathrooms in retail/restaurant establishments. I've seen it all over the place, in the U.S., Europe, and Latin America.

You ask for the key. No big deal, and they're doing you a favor if you aren't a customer.
    No, most major restaurant franchises and chains like Subway, McDonald's, Starbucks, Tim Horton's, etc. don't lock their bathroom doors or close them to the public in other cities. Small time retail perhaps, but I've visited a lot of cities and you're wrong about those restaurant chains.

Anyone who hasn't seen piss puddles in Midtown is WRONG! Anyone who has experienced locked bathrooms in other cities is WRONG! Everyone in this thread but davewindsor is WRONG WRONG WRONG, can't you all see??

No, most major restaurant franchises and chains like Subway, McDonald's, Starbucks, Tim Horton's, etc. don't lock their bathroom doors or close them to the public in other cities. Small time retail perhaps, but I've visited a lot of cities and you're wrong about those restaurant chains.
    Apparently you've never been to New York. It's next to impossible to find a bathroom there.

Major US cities that smell more like piss than Detroit [[just off the top of my head):

New York [[every subway station)
    San Francisco [[nearly everywhere. It's like an open sewer)
    New Orleans [[obviously)
    Washington D.C.
    Chicago

Most of these are pretty nice cities. But yeah, they still smell like piss.

Eh, I've asked for the keys in NYC, SF, London, Paris, Frankfurt, and many more. I'm talking chains, like Starbucks, Subway, etc. It seems to be pretty common, for obvious reasons [[cleanliness, safety, customer courtesy, etc.).

138 posts about pee. I'm going to start a new thread about poop. I'll call it "Midtown Is A Cesspool, #2".
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-01-13 at 10:18 AM.

Eh, I've asked for the keys in NYC, SF, London, Paris, Frankfurt, and many more. I'm talking chains, like Starbucks, Subway, etc. It seems to be pretty common, for obvious reasons [[cleanliness, safety, customer courtesy, etc.).
    So you mentioned 5 cities out of how many on the planet? A million? BTW, was it locked at the McDonald's? I was in Frankfurt. You can even order a beer there. I can't imagine them locking the washrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by menckensghost View Post
    This no restroom thing isn't confined to the city. I ride the bus daily from the city to the suburbs. I have a mile and a half walk from the bus stop to my home in Clinton Township and there isn't one public restroom in that distance. Sometimes you just have to find a secluded dumpster. Walking a mile when you really gotta go is not an option. I think it is pretty rare to find a gas station or convenience store with a public facility until you get pretty far into the sticks.
    Really? I have a job requires at lot of driving I've never had problem finding restroom in the at gas stations or chain resurants in the burbs. The city is another issue.

And if you can't ban me, you gonna cry? Aw, poor baby.

Banning me doesn't address the cesspool problem in midtown. You need to get your emotions in check.

There have been some great responses here like that public urinal in an earlier post. If business owners don't want to let the public use their washrooms, they can get together as a business association and fund a few of those outdoor plastic urinals from the earlier post. Problem solved.
    You have a serious judgment problem. Emotion has nothing to do with the absurdity of your false criticism.

I am OUTRAGED that during my sub-1-mile walk, people were not constantly asking me if I needed to urinate or pointing me towards restrooms. OUTRAGED.

I am OUTRAGED that during my sub-1-mile walk, people were not constantly asking me if I needed to urinate or pointing me towards restrooms. OUTRAGED.
    Don't walk with your knees together!

Why would people constantly point you towards a restroom? Did you piss yourself so bad that when you were walking a trail of pee followed you?

I can't believe this turned into a 6 page thread for something that is pretty common in every major city in the western world. Windsor is a nice town but it ain't exactly the center of cosmopolitan Canada, so I don't know why we're even entertaining these lessons on urbanity from this guy.

You can all settle this discussion, at least the smelly street part of the discussion by using Google's new search module- search by smells. Uses your smart phone and identifies the various smells - biological, industrial, etc.

Go to google and see it - its on the google page right now.

I give this thread FIVE stars!

A textbook job. Ridiculous title, repeating the same points over and over, insults galore.

You trolled your Canadian ass off in this thread!
    Last edited by brizee; April-01-13 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    You can all settle this discussion, at least the smelly street part of the discussion by using Google's new search module- search by smells. Uses your smart phone and identifies the various smells - biological, industrial, etc.

Go to google and see it - its on the google page right now.
    http://www.google.com/landing/nose/

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Maybe they have an app to show you where the "washrooms" are?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe they have an app to show you where the "washrooms" are?
    https://www.sitorsquat.com/

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast